Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-06-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
How does the Mana compare to Ibex and One? Which one is faster?
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-06-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
the mana is a slow riding board but i like it that way! the ibex is a fast riding board though
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
Both the MANA and IBEX are fairly slow. The 09 One is like a mix of several boards. You can ride it fast or slow and has great pop.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-06-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
Justin, I see you're currently riding the CWB line. I've ridden the Absolute for 4 years and switched to the Transcend. Last year I switched to the One. I love the One, but the release off of the wake is totally different than any of the CWB line that I've ridden. Could be riding style though. I love the One. Glides effortlessly, landings are dead on, but release is a little different. My son has it dead on, but I'm still working on it. When you hit it, you fly.

(Message edited by dudeman on December 06, 2008)
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
FYI - The 09 One is a new shape for this year.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-06-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
which of the ronix boards would ride like the murray? was going to go the 09 murray but the ronix boards and bindings have just blown me away so will probably go with ronix.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-07-2008, 2:16 AM Reply   
The Ibex is slow as balls, and just boots really high.

Chris, if you want the murray, go hyperlite. that's a pretty unique shape, and the only thing any ronix board has that that one does is the rocker. both the viva and murray are continous and fast. and the new Hype boots are pretty sick.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-07-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
Actually the Viva is a hybrid three stage and is somewhat fast, nowhere near what the Covin was. Like Josh said, the IBEX is slow. I would seriously consider the 09 One, I have been riding a Covin for the last two years and a Harris prior to that. I had actually considered just riding my Covin again this year, but rode the new One a fell in love with it. It is really the most well rounded board I have ever ridden. No question that I will be riding it this year. As for the Murray, I have no clue about how it rides, but I have heard nothing but praises about it.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-07-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
Is the 09 One as fast as the Viva? All I usually ride is slow boards, and I am really hesitant about buying the Viva or the One.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-07-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
justin, it's faster than the previous one, but not a fast board in general
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-07-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
Thanks all

josh am yet to try on ronix and hype bindings but the weight difference if just to crazy to go past. will be trying out both prob either one ant the murray setups have heard hype bindings have good arch support which is good for flat feet :-)