Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-29-2008, 1:16 PM Reply   
Well I have been looking around all the various Slingshot threads but I can never seem to find an answer to what I am looking for; so I have a few questions for you guys about their product line. In the area that I live, there are very few boardshops, and none offer demos so I need to do a fair bit of research before buying a board...You have my apologies if any of these have been answered in other threads.

-What are the main differences between the 3 boards?
-What are the colour schemes for each board?
-What riding style suits each of the 3 boards?
-What sizes are offered in each board?
-Does the Slingshot mounting system more beneficial than the traditional style?
-What is the durability like on their bindings?
-I know it is different for every person, but how comfortable do you find their bindings?
-If you find them uncomfortable, or do not like the bindings, could you please specify why?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-29-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
-Response is continous, fast, more into the flats, quick on edge. Recoil is three stage, slow, tons of pop. Reflex is a progressive rocker, with more of a stiffer center, and softer flex on tip and tail like a snowboard, it's going to be a great rail board.
-Find pictures or watch the slingshot surf expo video. http://thewakeplace.com/videos/EXPOSlingshot.html
-Response, into the flats. Recoil, wake to wake tons of pop. Reflex, rails.
-again check video or surf expo pics, I'm not going to do all your research for you.
-SS 4 hole mounting reduces heel and toe lift, and gives you a more responsive feel on the board. Much better than traditional mounting.
-Durability is great, mine lasted a hard season until they broke, and SS's warranty is second to none.
-Bindings are like butter, none better.
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-29-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
Their bindings are extremely comfortable. Plus, with the inner liner you can heat mold the liners to custom fit your feet. Their sick.
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-29-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
Man, i'm stupid. I have seen that video before.... I totally forgot about it. Thanks for the quick replies guys. Thanks