Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jmcdanie)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-04-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
Hello WW.

I am rather new to the board (been lurking for awhile though). Just purchased a 2010 MB Sports TWB a couple months ago (had a SeaRay I/O). MB makes an awesome boat!

These boats come standard with dual batteries and a perko switch (and just about anything else I could think of). I have put the boat in a garage for the winter down the road from me, but it is not easy to go out and swap the charger from one battery to the other every once in awhile. I do not really want to pull the batteries if I do not have too (with the SeaRay, I would just pull the one battery and leave it in my garage on charger).

I have read multiple posts about charging and everything from the archives, but I am not very good at reading between the lines and I could not find a post that directly answered my questions.

So, the questions are:
Since I have dual batteries and a Perko Switch, can I use a trickle charger to charge both batteries at once? If so, how can I do that? Do I need the Perko set to ALL or do I need to rearrange the wires with + to + and - to -?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-18-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
anybody?
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-18-2013, 11:23 PM Reply   
I can't say if your stereo shop is correct or not and I'm not sure this will help because I have 3 batteries, but here is what I do. 1 battery is dedicated to starting the boat and the other 2 batteries are dedicated to accessories. When we are cruising I have the switch turned to setting 1 and that battery is being charged by the alternator. When the boat is turned off and we are just listening to music the switch is turned to 2. The accessory batteries are shore charged when we get home.