Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-21-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
Ok so I have pp star gazer on my 01 super air. When playing my stereo loud or operating several accessories my perfect pass shuts on and off repeatedly very fast. I thought this could be due to it getting low voltage so yesterday I installed a 100 amp alternator to replace the factory 50 amp. This did nothing. My batteries are both set up independently with a Deka deep cycle running the ballast pumps, stereo and cd player. Also I have a interstate cranking batt running my motor, dash and perfect pass. In between is a voltage regulator. Everything seems to work fine until the pp starts kicking on and off. When it does this the voltage on the dash gauge jumps wildly. Any ideas? I mean I thought the old alternator wasn't making enough power but I have double the amps now and there is hardly any difference
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2010, 8:53 PM Reply   
a short in my navigation lighting caused mine to do similar, but would stop because the short would throw the breaker
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-21-2010, 9:27 PM Reply   
Yea mine isn't throwing any breakers just turning on and off non stop
Old     (apwrx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-21-2010, 9:44 PM Reply   
Mine did the same but it was due to a bad battery.The battery tested fine but I threw a new one in anyhow. Problem solved hasnt happened since.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-22-2010, 5:47 AM Reply   
Adam did u have the same dual battery setup as me?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-22-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
It can be caused by where you tap into the +12v power.I was having the same problem when I would adjust the trim tab while PP is engaged.I called PP and they told me to make tthe +12v connection the frist connection coming from +12v on the ignition switch.I had mine connected to a +12v pole on the back of a gauge and due to voltage drops on the gauges the PP was not getting enough voltage.I switched it and it has worked fine since.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-22-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
Are u talking about the ignition in the dash
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-22-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Yes the switched +12v from back of key switch(ignition switch).
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-22-2010, 9:18 PM Reply   
That did it thanks!!!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-23-2010, 5:37 AM Reply   
Cool,glad it worked out for you.