Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (jcush313)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-26-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
so i watched the classic mayday and was thinking about it all night... those guys need to get together and make a mayday 2 showing what they do now and where they are at now! would be killer!! i know id be all over it for sure! what do you think?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-26-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
THat is a grat idea.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
Ohhh Yea!!! Great idea indeed!
that has to be the best idea for a wake vid i have heard... at least for a sequels for sure. i'm sure that would top switch 22, DS 2 (though i have not seen the DS vids, sad i know) and any other wake sequels i might be forgetting.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-26-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
The SHaft series were all really good.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-26-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Hell ya man thats my favorite wake vid. Murrays part with the bloodhoundgang song kicks ***. Oh and the swan dive he does off the house boat is pretty funny too
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-26-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
Some of those people don't ride much anymore. What about Chase, Nelson, Josh Smith, etc.? Also I don't gear much about the girls from the Delta scene anymore.

That is such a great flick though...one of, if not the best ever!
Old    K.B.C.            09-26-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
That would be cool, definitely one of the best wake videos ever made. I got to go ride with Igor this summer. He doesn't ride much anymore, but still oozes style. I've met Artie (FLF Films) a few times, he lives here in Truckee. I don't think he films much anymore, but I'll have to mention the idea next time I run into him in town. Mayday reunion, I like...
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
I would like to see if Byerly, Horrell, Igor, Nelson, Heavener, and Weddington still have it on the wakeboard. Like mentioned earlier, I wonder how much, if any, these guys ride anymore.

I definitely like to see their style and tricks rather than a bunch of kids hitting bland 900's.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-26-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
After seeing Aaran Reed strap on a wakeboard at the end of the Truth, fairly sure the guys still skating wouldn't miss a beat back on a wakeboard. All those old guys that do not ride much anymore could probably do most of their old tricks in short order if they needed/wanted to. Sick indy poke, sperbet, with the double up shirt. Made an otherwise forgettable set worthwhile.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-26-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
The way Murray tweaks those grab 3's off the double up ohhh man. I love to watch those boats too! So sweet...and still newer than mine haahaha!
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-26-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
Man I should know this being its one of my favorite vids. But if your a Vandall fan and havent seen mayday, youll know why he's where he is today and I think Gators even in it riding the LF squirt (I think) Oh the good ol days
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-26-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Murrays section in mayday is his best ever.
he lands a whirly 5 and a crow 5 in the dark i believe and no one else is even doing those tricks.
not to mention the heel 7.

plus gator is sick.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-26-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
dave, i do that swan dive off my dock every freakin time im out on the water just b/c of seein him do that. that made me laugh so hard lol
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-26-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
man, a reunion verison is such a good idea!

And josh smith definitely rides and he's still helping riders through his lessons and such.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-26-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
man, a reunion verison is such a good idea! To make up for some of the dudes that don't ride as much, you could bring along some of the new tallent.

And josh smith definitely rides and he's still helping riders through his lessons and such.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-26-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
Josh heck ya man that vid is awesome. The sound track and all. I only wish I could do a swan dive as good as shaun haahaha. You guys are right though. A video bringing back some of the old school guys and maybe even a section on CC Roberts in a Vid would definetly be an awesome video and probably be just as good to the crew that put it together. Sidewayz or somebody get on it haha. Seriously though just like Parks is getting a documentary. I think CC roberts needs one too. I know he had the long story in one of the mags. But footage just tells stories so much better.