Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    dano            07-27-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
Gang,

This is the Wake on my Outback V (mobius LSV) 350 rear right 4 peple on boat, Wake plate 3/4 up.

Any tips on how stretch the wake i find it too much at a 90 dergree angle with boat

Upload
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-27-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
More weight in the nose, and/or learn to ride backside.
Old    dano            07-27-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
Thanks, will try it with the center balast full. I think ist 400. Actually my port side wake is more washed out.How do you run your wake plate? have not seen many posts on ideal setup for this boat.

Thanks
Old     (jrodhyco)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
Play with your wake before you surf. It will work out better and be a lot quicker. Also make sure you are surfing in at least 15' of water.
Old    dano            07-27-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
We have 7' to 9' at our spot
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-28-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
Run the plate down to 1/2 or less to clean up the lip. You will lose some size, but it will stay cleaner when you add more weight to get the size back.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-28-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
We run the wake palate all the way down on my Lightning, fill the Starboard sac and partly fill the port sack, don't know if that will work for a Moomba, good luck.

Port side the wake plate is all the way up and we run without starboard ballast.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-28-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
Every boat I've surfed that had a plate made a nicer wake with it close to all the way down. I also agree on filling the off side rear ballast a bit, that will usually help clean things up too.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-28-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
But wake plate down for port-regular surfing is a bad thing on my boat - night and day difference.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
I have an 04 Mobius LSV, and I have played around with the wake a lot. What I have found works the best for me is this--

Front locker full (600 lbs, right rear locker full (200 lbs) and a 500 lb fat sack in the rear right behind the driver seat. Now--I put my wake plate all the way UP. With the wake plate up, the wave is massive--I mean it rivals some of the best that I have seen on here. If you want a longer pocket, just speed up a bit and it stretches it longer but a shorter wave.

Hope this helps!
Old    dano            07-31-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
Thanks Gang i will play around with this> i am also riding a 6.6 Ocean Board (fun board shape) with only the 2 side fins. this gives me plenty of flotation. I am 195lbs and looking at the blue lake. would this have adequate speed and flotation for my size wave? local dealer does not want to demo it...:-(