Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (roymunson1)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-08-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
are hyperlite's boot and binding system actually hitting the market. or are the retracting it?

on a similar note, was there not a company that retracted product couple years back, i wanna say it was hype too, but cant remember....?
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-08-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
why wouldnt it hit the market?

they spent a lot of money marketing them
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-08-2010, 6:42 PM Reply   
i know that Murray and JD have been riding them for a while.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       11-09-2010, 7:14 AM Reply   
They will be out in November/December. All the units that JD and Murray are riding have been prototypeish bindings.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-09-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
Go over to Alliance's site and they have a Nautique video of Murray & Watson riding. Murray is sporting them in it. They look a little different but seem to work just fine.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-09-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
"is the system for real?"

No, it's just a figment of all of our imaginations.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-09-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
Just had them here at the shop. Looked great and seemed to work fine. Didn't get to ride them, which would be the true test.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       11-09-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
You could read up on the roughly 234903875038432 other threads on this topic.
Old     (devintatro)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-14-2010, 4:37 PM Reply   
The system is very real! I thought and think they were great! I took a few sets using the system and it just.... made sense. I tried them out after not riding for about a month or so and honestly I can say I had one of the best sets I'd had in a while and not to mention a really fun set. It got me pumped on wakeboarding in general. You definitely feel much more connected to the board, I mean you are strapped in snowboard style to it but it is really really light and I love that you can switch the feel up, fer example I loosened my boots but cranked the system to get good reaction but looser feel for pokes and then tighten everything up for a really solid feel all around. Some people are worried about this adding more strain on the knees but I took some tricks into the flats and it felt better than before, very impressed. I felt so intact at all moments during all parts of my tricks, amazing reaction time and amazing control. I really look forward to getting my pair as soon as I can!
Attached Images

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-17-2010, 4:33 AM Reply   
Last time I checked, mine are suppose to be shipped tomorrow. I'm super stoked to day the least. If the results for the first season are a success, I can see other companies coming out with similar set ups.