Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-10-2010, 3:05 AM Reply   
For all you fans. He cheated death once but not this time. I liked him of all the captains on the show.

‘Deadliest Catch’ captain dies
Harris suffered a massive stroke on Jan. 29, his family says
The Associated Press
updated 12:48 a.m. ET, Wed., Feb. 10, 2010
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A spokesman for The Discovery Channel says the captain of the "Deadliest Catch" fishing vessel Cornelia Marie has died.

Capt. Phil Harris suffered what his family described as a massive stroke on Jan. 29 while the boat was in port at St. Paul Island, Alaska. He was flown to Anchorage for surgery.

A Discovery spokesman says the Harris family contacted the network Tuesday evening with word of his death.

Few details were released; however, Discovery Channel spokeswoman Elizabeth Hillman issued a statement on behalf of Harris' sons, Jake and Josh, saying their father has "always been a fighter and continued to be until the end."

The Discovery Channel reality show depicts the crab fishing industry in the dangerous waters off Alaska. Harris' fishing vessel was based in Seattle.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2010, 4:05 AM Reply   
How tragic. R.I.P.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-10-2010, 5:54 AM Reply   
He was one of my favorites too.

R.I.P.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2010, 6:07 AM Reply   
Not for nothing but the guy took brutalizing his body to the next level. I liked watching him and loved his interaction with his kids but it was pretty obvious he wasn't long for this planet. I'll never understand how some chose death over life changes.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-10-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
I really like that show and hear about this this morning. Capt Phil was always funny when it came around to him and his son's. He will definitely be missed on the show.

R.I.P.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
damn it. show won't be the same without him. RIP Capt Phil
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-10-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
You could see it coming for sure, but the show wont be the same without him.

R.I.P.

Capt
Old     (jyoungusa)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-10-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
RIP, but when you abuse yourself like he did - I remember one episode last year, where he was living on cigarettes and Red Bull for 48 hrs straight without sleep - you kinda get the results you asked for...
Old     (jyoungusa)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-10-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
RIP, but when you abuse yourself like he did - I remember one episode last year, where he was living on cigarettes and Red Bull for 48 hrs straight without sleep - you kinda get the results you asked for...
Old     (jyoungusa)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-10-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-10-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Crab farts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHhMyc4uvKg

RIP
Old     (scotty_doo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
I remember when he passed that blood clot thru his heart and the doctor told him he was lucky to be alive, then right outside of the hospital he lit up a cigarette.

R.I.P.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-10-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Yeah. I saw this on the news this morning.
Sad news indeed.}