Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-17-2004, 9:35 AM Reply   
Where are you? Anyone have info on Mario?

DG
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-17-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
look for any thread or post mentioning Gator Boards or Randall Harris. You'll find him there.
Old    emoney            02-17-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Hey Dave, You had to get me started. All I can say about Maverick LTD is that they are SELL OUTS OR CON ARTISTS. My company PIER sent them a significant amount of apparel because they were gonna distribute it for us but as it turns out they gave us some lame excuses about the distribution of our clothing and when we asked for all the clothing to be returned they said they didnt have it....ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS SELL OUT!!!!!!!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-20-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
Eric, i know mav and the others have always done me right. more than right actually, i honestly feel that he seems to be on the level. If you sent him a significant amount of crap, did you have an agreement that he would distribute or was it sent as sample stuff? In case you haven't figured it out a lot of reps give away the crap they get to friends, store owners and various other people. those people tell other people or they decide they like them and want them in their store if they are nice. if they are not then they get thrown away. maybe that is what happened to your gear. what were his lame excuses? I just don't want to hear peeps trying to bring down other people for the wrong reasons. i will state that mav is not a con artist nor is he a sell out.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-20-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
Eric-maybe it was all the skulls that turned him off, it worked for me.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-20-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
Eric- i just talked to mav and he told me about the whole deal, he is really sick right now and thats why i am setting the record straight. You sent him sample merchandise which he showed to people. Your gear was at n.w. sessions as well as other places. sounds like he did his part. then you ask him for the sample crap back...hurting for money that bad? Your website shows the lake samm crew...but i only see one of us on there. Sorry your gear isn't selling but the problem isn't with mav's repping. I would advise against others supporting your company in the future if they want to avoid being dumped on for trying to help. Eric doesn't express his gratitude very well.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-20-2004, 8:42 PM Reply   
Ok guys,

Eric, I know Mav as well and I doubt there was any ill intention in regards to your samples. He has a good reputation up here in the NW and slandering him on the web isn't a good way to resolve your business issues together. I suggest that you give him a call and find out why your samples didn't test well and try to find a way to improve the marketing of them. I hope all is well and business is good. It's going to be a great season!
Old    emoney            02-23-2004, 5:35 AM Reply   
Well Mike its like this. Basically my partner and I tried numerous times to get a hold of him via email and telephone. Then my partner tried one last time and finally he emailed us. Which it was basically about a month later. To me that is not good business ethics, what do you think? I am not trying to make anyone look bad, I am only stating facts and my dissatisfaction with the company and there policies. Also about the skulls sorry you dont like them......
Old    emoney            02-23-2004, 5:40 AM Reply   
Oh Yea Mike sorry but my gear IS SELLING!!!!!Just thought I would let you know....