Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Znoodle)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-30-2014, 7:47 AM Reply   
Woot! I did it I finally bought my first wakeboard boat. I purchased a 1997 Sanger v210. It is AMAZNG. It has the black scorpion motor. I want to flush the motor with fresh water. Does it have a hook up for a hose or do I need to buy a flush kit? I've looked ever where and I don't see a hook up for the hose. Thank you to everyone who helped me make the best decision on a boat.
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-30-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
You can buy a fake-a-lake, make a fake-a-lake, or if your boat doesn't have a hose hook up you can add one pretty easily... Trace the cooling hoses back to where it enters into the boat... It will probably go directly to through the v-drive first... You will have to add first a shut off valve on that hose, the after that add a T shaped fitting with a hose going up towards the top of the motor, and add a hose pipe fitting to that... I guess you could add a shut off valve to this new hose also but I think it's unnecessary... When you want to run on the hose you have to shut the initial valve so water does not run out the bottom of the boat, then connect the hose and your done... Then make sure before running on the lake you open back up that valve so that your engine can get water.

Probably cost a total of $15 at a local hardware store... And will save you the hassle of climbing under the boat to line up the fake a lake.
Old     (Znoodle)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-30-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
Awesome thank you.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-30-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Get a plunger. Drill/cut a hole in it big enough for the end of a 3' piece of garden hose to go thru. Zip tie the hose to the handle of said plunger so it holds the hose from moving so the end protuding inside the plunger can't move. 3 or 4 zip ties spaced out down the handle and hose which are nestled together. Get a female hose end for the supply end of the hose. Hook up your garden hose and put the plunger opening against the hull covering the raw water intake, on my sanger the plunger conforms to the hull and plunger handle contacts the ground and holds it in place. This creates a seal, turn on water and you have a cheap fake a lake. To be sure its all good turn on the hose and let it run until water comes out exhaust then fire up motor and you can run it all you want. Temp shouldn't go over 160.

I get no credit for this, my friend made me one, he's an engineer
Old     (Valleywine)      Join Date: Aug 2014       11-30-2014, 3:07 PM Reply   
Tee into the intake hose like JJ indicated. It's fairly easy to do and no leaking. This way you know the engine is getting enough water.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       11-30-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
What I do is aim the spray nozzle, on the super soaker setting, towards the water pick-up under the boat and let the engine do its thing.

But really, I used to do the whole fake-a-lake deal on the old boat, but the new boat had the fresh water flush on the transom. That thing is worth it's weight in gold. I run in salt, so flushing the engine, (now heat exchanger), is part of wiping the boat down so I use it ALOT. It's also not fun on cold days when water is dripping on you while your trying to fit the fake-a-lake haha. If its literally just to start the boat in the driveway one a year, just make your own with a plunger and the right fittings. If it's once a month, buy a fake-a-lake. If it's done after every outing like me, buy the perk flush kit.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-01-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
Smart man...went with Sanger