Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-01-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
Guys

I've got a 2001 Byerly and I'm considering getting rid and buying the new byerly ... can anyone tell me how/if they ride any different ie. is it worth me trading up to the new one. For the record the old one rocks and I would reco it to anyone ...
Cheers
Matt
Old    walt            02-01-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
Try this Matt http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/83796.html
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
keep the 2001, the 2000 and 2001 byerly's had the most rocker and are still very popular due to the fact that they no longer make them.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-01-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
i had the o3 byerly and now i have the 04. I personally liked the 03 better but mine broke in half one day while riding. I've only riden my 04 about 5 times so I'm still not completley comfortable with the board yet. The only thing I noticed was on my tantrums, they were super low compared to the 03 board, it almost feels like when the water is going over the end of the board its harder to get out of the water. Although the tantrum is the only thing it feels like that on. But i think i would agree to keep the one you have.
Old    teenhack            02-01-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
Well... my local shop recomended that the 2000, 2001 circa boards were the pinacle moments in Bylery boards. Like Mike said, they have more rocker, more subtle design, and you dont have the fear of tearing it up when the rope gets caught (which also makes for a REALLY uncomfortable ride).
So unless your really itching to get a new Byerly, I would keep the one you have.
Actually, is it in pretty good condition? Just in case you sell... lol
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
I agree. I have a 2000 and 2001, which are my primary rides. I was not really feeling the 02-03 model and decided not to buy one. I've ridden the 04 and actually like it pretty well, more similar to the 00-01 than to the 02-03. The release off the wake is a bit delayed (good or bad?), but the board has some nice characteristics (lands soft, locks in on sketchy landings, etc.) I might buy one but I am waiting to see if they are prone to breakage, or if the P-tex bottom is going to be prone to peeling off.
If you like your old Byerly, then I would keep it. You should demo the 04 and see for yourself, because it is different. Maybe you would like to add it to your collection, but I would not get rid of your old one.

BTW, this topic gets recycled all the time, so go back and search for some older threads to learn more people's opinions.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
Well I can't comment on the 2004, though I don't like the sound of that delayed release, but thats personal preference.
I thought the 2000-2001 boards were ok. Prefered them much more to the 2002-2003. But to me the best byerly's were the Finless models, I thought they were great, they decreased the flat spot and rocker, made it a little smoother and super quick release off the wake, to me that will be the best byerly shape.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-02-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
I have an 01 and an 03, my 01 pops harder but lands harder also. I can get better air with my 03 because I can control it more, it is more predictable. Keep in mind that I am an intermediate rider (half a dozen inverts and 360's). I also think the 01 needs to be ridden more tail heavy. When I put weight on my front foot my 03 accelerates better.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-07-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
The board doesn't have a delayed release, it just rides fully off the wake. I used to have a real low tantrum on this board, but with a tad more patience riding thru up wake, you will get BOOTED like no other. Overall, try this board you will most likly LOVE or HATE it. I seem to prefer it.