Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (loudah)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-05-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
Whats up guys, I know there is a thread somewhere in the archives but honestly there is a ton of archives to search thru... so here's my dilemma I currently ride a byerly 137 I just had knee surgery and honestly I'm apprehensive to get back on my board so why not look at new boards that land super soft. I have heard the LF Shane is crazy soft And also I think I heard that the CWB Marius Platty is also really soft and fast eventhough its really wide.
So without intentionally instigating a CWB vs LF thread I would really like to hear from ya'll as to which board is the easiest on the knees!!! Thanks
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-05-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
The platinums are stiffer, and land harder, so if you do go with the marius, I would advise not getting the platinum.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-05-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
i've ridden both the marius (non-platinum) and the shane. the marius lands softer than the shane, but the shane pops bigger than the marius. neither boards are fast when just cruising in a straight line out in the flats, but the marius is faster to the wake than the shane.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-05-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
my cwb trancsend plat lands real soft...maybe its just me but it feels like a pillow.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-05-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
The shane was the best on my knees! Joe, you think that the shane is slow? It is the fastest board that i have found so far. I have ridden most of the new CWBs (including the marius) and hyperlites and the shane will smoke any of them in a race. Jason, anything with a center V or center spine on the bottom will land super soft. Most LF and some CWB have this incorperated on the bottom. The V bottom or center spine is the fist thing i look for on a board, if the board doesnt have then i dont get it.
Old    kidrik            04-05-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
Jason, I feel ya man. I've been searching like crazy, and by no means demo'd all the great possibilites........however, decided on the '07 Transcend (non platty) and couldn't be happier! After my surgery I realized how hard my substance was landing, and bought an absolute during my "rehab/depression stage"...... and although it lands soft, I love the overall feel of the Transcend! Once the guy told me I'd ride like the young Andrew, I jumped on it!! Just kiddin'........but it does land nicely though...... (if not, stop launching so effing high!)
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-05-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
yea shane is really soft on landings
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-05-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
I just got the slingshot board and bindings and they land REALLY soft.
Old     (loudah)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-05-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
I used to ride my 06 absolute plat till my injury it was a great board but man it really bucked hard so its still in my closet definately gun shy to ride it again I think I will go demo the shane and marius next week thanks for the input on the V spine didn't know what that was on the boards last year! What a difference a surgery and year make!!!
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-05-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
yeah and the technical term for the V spine is a double concave so when your looking stuff up online you know what to look for
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-05-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
If you like a board that is fast, has great pop and lands super soft, Try the new CWB Faction! I tried it and have been on it ever since.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       04-05-2007, 11:52 PM Reply   
sorry for the hijack but reading the not to instigate a cwb vs liquid force thread i remember when i was yound and dumb and totally brand loyal to hyperlite i started a thread bashing lf and had never even rode one. end hijack

back on subject. im going to hopefully be trying out the marius and the shane sometime monday through next friday will let ya know how i feel about them
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       04-06-2007, 6:23 AM Reply   
Try the LF Fish
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-06-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
I ride the Ronix One 142 and it is a lot softer than my premier 136
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
The 06 and 07 Murray lands super soft and has a huge rocker. Think about it he is an older rider that is thinking the same thing you are.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
Be careful on the double concaves because with the shane, fish,watson, absolute and anything else with a big center V or spin when you put them on they will rock like a rocking chair on that center V, that is what i look for. I have several double concaves and they all sit level and dont rock on the center and the landings on them or hard. When i say rock i mean rock front to back, not side to side
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-06-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
The CWB Faction is the softest landing board I have been on. Give it a demo if you get the chance...
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-06-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
The Absolute was the first wakeboard to have a center spine and ALL, not some of CWB's boards have a spine.
CWB also developed the V-Tec to enable the first fully functioning wide, long board on the market, being the Marius.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
LF shane and fish land very soft, the one lands pretty soft and the slingshot boards land soft as well
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-06-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
I always thought the 02 byerly was very soft- it has the v channel, hopefully the new one is the same, they look similar.
Upload
Old     (loudah)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-06-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Hey Charley obviously you didn't read the "not to intigate a CWB vs LF"part very carefully or you just didn't understand it either way this thread hasn't turned into a bash on either brand actually some really useful information has been presented. So I guess yeah you can call me brand loyal I do ride a Byerly but also have a CWB ABS Plat so guess that means I'm real loyalist I spread the wealth
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-06-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
The LF Team also seems to land soft for me with good speed and I have heard the new Trip is supposed to land soft, haven't had the chance to ride it yet. Everybody has an opinion so take it with a grain of salt, but if you can demo, that is your best option.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-06-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
"The Absolute was the first wakeboard to have a center spine and ALL"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe Neptue created a board with a center spine before CWB even existed. The model was the Neptune Impala.

"Be careful on the double concaves because with the shane, fish,watson, absolute and anything else with a big center V or spin when you put them on they will rock like a rocking chair on that center V, that is what i look for. I have several double concaves and they all sit level and dont rock on the center and the landings on them or hard. When i say rock i mean rock front to back, not side to side"

I'm not sure what you saying here? Rock like a rocking chair. I've ridden most of the boards you listed and none of them rock like a rocking chair. The are all very stable on edge and on landings.

In regards to boards that land soft I recommend the Watson or the 3DS. 3DS lands a bit softer and holds a tighter edge but the watson gets better pop. I consider both boards as fast.

On the Marius - I demoed that board and it felt like is was draging an anchor when cutting away from the wake.

(Message edited by rootc on April 06, 2007)
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       04-06-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
no i wasn't saying anything about you i just when i was about 13 started a thread bashing LF and i was shunned for a while. I was yound and dumb just that last saying remined me and i wanted to see if anyone remembered that reading. i get to demo the marius this week hopefully and a few other boards gunna be fun
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
I ment when you put them on on the swim platform or on a hard surface, if the brand board you have has a big center V then the board will rock front to back like a rocking chair on that spine. I know the shane, fish, watson, and absolute rock front to back on the center V. They all do it when i ride them and they do it for the owners of the boards also, maybe it is just us. Hey jeff i have only ridden the CWB absolute and marius and i know that they have the V that is why i said some. sorry. I dont know who created it i just love it.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-07-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
Its all good Gimp!!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-08-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
ay what year byerly 137 was it? i had an '04, it got caught up all the time, landings were just killer. i have a Ronix One now.
Old     (loudah)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-08-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Its the 2003 model last year before the started that hideous bottle opener design. I love the board just time to upgrade and when the sun finally comes out in Texas again and this snow melts I'm definately gonna demo some new boards!
Old     (smoothjimmy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-08-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
My new acl loves my new shane!!! He tells me by not swellin up the size of my phat sacs!! Setup & off water training are the biggest knee savers! If you guys yet to own a BOSU balance trainer they are awesome, since trainin with it, 1/2 the problems (swell ups) and 1/2 the crashes (maaad stronger)
CRUISE