Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    norcal_99            05-28-2004, 12:16 AM Reply   
Has anyone ever had the Jib base bleed onto their boats interior from the sun? I heard this happens.
Old    norcal_99            06-02-2004, 4:05 AM Reply   
Anyone? Anyone?
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-02-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
my friend that i always go with has the 03' byerly with the jib base and this has never happened to the board? if it happened to you did it ruin the boat at all?
Old    waker80            06-02-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
Mine bleed into the seats, big marks and it is impossible to get off. DO you think it would be worth complaining to hyperlite about. I tried everythign to get them off.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-02-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
stephen, i would because now the interior of your boat is ruined.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
There have been threads on this in the past. I think all the Hyperlite boards do this (and maybe all boards) if you leave them on the vinyl for long periods of time. I also think they have a warning sticker about this when you buy the board new.
Old    waker80            06-02-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
My premier was on my seats from an evening to about 12 the next day. You shouldbnt have to worry abotu leaving your wakeboard on the seat for a while, espicially if you drop almost 400 on it. I didnt even ask for the jib board, do the make it both ways or just that way?
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-02-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
yeah, premiers are (or were) all jib base, both biolite and DNA
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
Rene,

The seats in my X-Star are permanently marked from the jib base. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing seems to be able to remove the stain.

Here's a pic. All I have to say on the subject is "FARGNOG!"

X-Star Seat
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
Rene: Landon's Byerly 142 actually did that to Mark B's nauti back when Mark was living in the disco house. Not only was the stain permanent, but Hyperlite would do NOTHING about it.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-02-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
ive had this problem before with CWB boards. we left it leaning against the motor cover and it left ink all over the interior. nothin much to be done bout it. it wore off over time and many many cleanings. probably lasted all sumer. i jus wouldnt leave anything at all on the seats for too long. ive laso seen it happen with towels and ice chests.
scott- its not hyperlites fault that he left the board on the seat. i wouldnt have done anything if i were running hyperlite either. not only could the ink bleed, but if someone steps on the bord the wrong way the edges or the fins could cut it as well.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
Jason,

Just fyi, I have many wakeboards and the jib base Hyperlite is the only one to ever stain my seat. My tower holds eight boards but when parked next to a houseboat, I have no choice but to take the houseboat facing boards out of the racks and put them on the seats. That has been my standard operating procedure for years. In fact, I tow with my main board (a Belmont 144) sitting on the seat. Never so much as the slightest blemish. That jib base, interior wrecker of a board, is a different matter. Only took one night to permanently mark my seat. In my opinion, Hyperlite has no business putting a board like that on the market. Every board has to sit on the vinyl at some point. Getting ready to ride, etc. Especially with a v-drive. Just my $.02. Not that I have anything against Hyperlite. They’ve been good about warranting bindings, etc. If the board in question wasn’t my buddy’s, I’d a taken it back to the store and politely told them to put it where the sun doesn’t shine.
Old    joe49er            06-03-2004, 5:30 AM Reply   
Man I would be pi$$ed if that happened to MY boat. You guys are nuts for not demanding restitution.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       06-03-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
It's not just the jib base that bleeds into the seats. Awhile back (like 2001) I went to a shaun murray demo and he was talking about how one of his boards tatooed his boat seat (I think he left his board on the seat overnight or something...I can't remember). I thought hype had a sticker warning about that, but I'm not sure. Anyway....