Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (ctrider)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-17-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
This was taken from my back yard. I am actually higher than the plane. The plane is just taking off. I thought it was an interesting photo and some of you may enjoy it. Upload
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-17-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
nice shot, my neighbors have a float plane, they are niiiiice machines
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-17-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
How would you like to be the guy in the water, getting ready to board? "Hit it. .... Wait, I want to see this."
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-17-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Are you sure that's not Mr. Murray, and his father, about to film a quick afternoon set?

-Blake
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-17-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
I'm surprised one of our angry, by the book fellow WW's hasn't chimmed in and said this belongs in the NonWake forum lol....Last week we were out at San V, our local lake here in San Diego, on the course my buddy ryan was pulling his rider down the small canyon when a Bell came hovering over the hill. He dropped down right in the center of the course and began filling his tank...It was crazy!!! Lots of fires right now be safe and careful. No butts out the windows you smokers!!!

(Message edited by crracer on July 17, 2006)
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-17-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
Does that rider look quite far back for that small of a boat, or is it just me?
Old     (rmitchell242)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-17-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
anodyne
From the looks of things the whole setup isnt quite fine tuned yet so rope length probably isnt a huge factor
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-17-2006, 11:37 PM Reply   
alright I just took these pics end of June and was waiting for the right time to post.....
The picture is of a good friend I meet on WW on this liitle island called Whidbey here in Wa. Yes we are both in the Navy. He's from Nebraska, me from Sac,Ca. the pics are the plane landing right behind us. I would have pics of me when it took off but I got to excited and well you can guess what happened..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2006, 12:29 AM Reply   
So is it a Radio Controlled airplane up close, or a real plane far away?
Old     (ctrider)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-18-2006, 4:14 AM Reply   
Aden, if you are talking about my picture it is a real plane about 150 yards away. It is a smaller 2 person plane 1 person behind the other and only has a 90hp engine. The engine size should give you an idea as to how small the plane is.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-18-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
nice plane, my neighbors is a murphy moose, 4 person puddle jumper so to speak... designed to carry payload in and out of the sticks, it has 450 hp though haha
Old     (adamcarta)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-19-2006, 4:53 AM Reply   
I saw that same plane on Lillinonah 2 weeks ago.
Old     (ctrider)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-19-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
Adam,
It is nice to here from someone else from CT on here. He is friends with one of the guys at Eichlers Cove Marina on Zoar so he is down here allot and follows the river and lakes. I have seen more of these planes around this year then any other year.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-22-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
SWEEET!
Blake - unfortunately, it wasn't US... I have never been up in a float plane - would like to soon though. I have lots of single engine time - just not with floats. It's much more expensive when you put a set of floats on any plane - those are two nice ones.
Old     (adamcarta)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-31-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
Kevin,
How has the debris been on Zoar this year? The last few weeks at Lilli have been awful.
Old     (ctrider)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-31-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
Adam,
This year has been the worst year yet. The lake has been up and down so much that the sticks and logs are all over the place and it changes by the hour. Saturday morning the lake was clean but by the afternoon we were dodging sticks all over the place.
Old     (adamcarta)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-31-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
I had the same experience on Saturday. Are they using the skimmer on Zoar? They supposedly use it on Lilli Monday and Tuesday but since I can only ride on the weekend I never see the results.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-31-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
Hmmm.....
The float plane is kind of ho-hum, I see that all the time in the Califorina Delta.

The fact that the picture is from your back yard is impressive! I wish I had a lake in my backyard!