Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (wcr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-14-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
has anyone been to Rollins?
I heard the lake was directional? (yes - no)
any good spots any info thaks
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-14-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
In the past, there has not been directional traffic. I don't know about this year. If the lake level is High like it probably is, then it is famous for having alot of debri in it.
There is a long straight away going towards the river inlet and is almost always glass. but your getting towards the coldest part of the lake.
Old     (wcr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-14-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
thanks for the info
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-15-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Went there last year late in the season. During the week, we had the whole lake to ourselfs. The Peninsula campgrounds were nice.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       06-15-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
I went there last season on a weekend. It was a madhouse. "Every Direction" seemed to be the rule that day. I especially liked the guy towing his kids on a tube with no spotter and looking backwards as he drove.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-15-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
I was there last weekend, the smoother area is very cold right now. PP was reading about 55 degrees right outside of the river opening. It was pretty busy after around 10 am. It's a beautiful lake, but does get busy. As far as I know there is no directional traffic at least no one acts like there is!! The best water is definitely down the right fork towards the river opening.
Old    jws            06-15-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
Rick the rule is the lake is one Directional. Emily and I went there 4 years for her birthday. Donated a pair of sunglasses to the lake as well. Camping was good, lake looks nice but very rough and busy on the weekends!!