Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    drewsky24            06-12-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
I am buying a new board I want either the Absolute or the Marius I know they are both good boards and there is only a $10 price difference and I am order either the Marius or the Absolute on Wednesday or Thursday. So any input would be appreciated.
Old    wickedwake            06-12-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
Another one yes but there is already one being discussed right now....

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/233196.html?1118371172
Old    drewsky24            06-12-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
Oh, I forgot about that thread. Looks like Im buying the Marius.
Old    wickedwake            06-12-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
good choice!
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2005, 6:45 AM Reply   
It really sucks that my only local board shop that allows demos AND carries CWB is over an hour and a half away. I can practically buy a board and sell it on ebay if I don't like it for less expense than the gas, wear and tear and time to go demo it. :-(

I have read a lot about the Marius and it sounds like it will give you as much pop as the Absolute however more controlled/consistent due to the continuous rocker. It also sounds as if the landings will be softer (MAJOR criteria for my old arse). I know the rule is to demo, demo, demo... but for CWB boards and my situation, that is more of a pain then losing a few bucks if I don't like it and have to sell it (buywake gets me all my stuff in a day.
Old    drewsky24            06-13-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
I want to stay away from the feeling of a the Parks. So is the Marius close to the feeling of a Parks?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-14-2005, 8:02 AM Reply   
not at all.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-14-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
ya I rode the Marius over the weekend and it is nothing like the Parks. I was a really fun board to ride.
Old    drewsky24            06-14-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
Thats good new because my dad said I can order it tonight.