Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-17-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
KCW got 0 coverage in their cable article, and I don't think the Oklahoma cable did either. Anyone know what the deal is with that? Seems kinda stupid to completely ignore two perfectly legitimate scenes especially KC's with all Mike and his crew do for the scene here.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-17-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
They probably didn't pay Wakeboarding Mag to feature them...
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-18-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Ya JD, we didn't get any love did we. Oh well, we know its a great place to ride.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-18-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Yeah I was disapointed that the cable here was not in the mag. I was really suprised that Kc was not in it.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
"They probably didn't pay Wakeboarding Mag to feature them..."

Exactly. How are we supposed to grow the sport if we don't even shed light on those who need it most?
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-18-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
Media is not there to further the sport,its all about the money.Doesn't matter if its boarding or custom cars or donating blood.The world is a bunch of criminals.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-18-2009, 11:48 PM Reply   
same reason tige wasn't in the wbm boat buyers guide this year...not that I think they should be, but it's because they decided to spend their advertising dollars, or lack thereof, elsewhere
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-19-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   
I don't think they are a bunch of criminals, wakeboardingmag needs to make money to keep the mag going and if they give it to one cable for free they have to do it for all of them. I think that paying to put their cable in the mag would be worth every penny but they chose not to do so, its not that they were ignored at all.

Oh and jrw why shouldn't tige be in the boat buyers guide? Just curious
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-19-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
If boat companies are having to pay to be featured in boat buyers guide and such (or cable parks for a cable park issue) then that magazine loses it's credibility as a non-biased media outlet for the sport. I used to shoot for Transworld and that's not how it's suppose to work. It does effect who gets featured for interviews, stories, and trips but not buyers guides and similar features. Yes, magazines are suppose to make money but when your business caters to a core sport there becomes a point where practices like this are selling out. (if a pay to play policy is in use)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-19-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
what probably happened though was the cable parks omitted didn't return the needed info to Wakeboarding Mag
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-19-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
I highly doubt they wouldn't be on the ball about submitting any needed info if it that's all it took.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-19-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
Oh well, Alliance gives KCW lots of props so I'm sure Mike wasn't too hurt by it and I guess neither should we. Hey JD how's that new company? Which one is it? I would really like to ride it and compare it to the slings.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding's version of payola
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-19-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
travis i have the severance and ill sell it for a price :-)

that' crap that cables have to pay. it basically just means the magazine is one giant advertisement and not a non biased media outlet (which is worthless). glad to know where they stand though.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
"same reason tige wasn't in the wbm boat buyers guide this year...not that I think they should be, but it's because they decided to spend their advertising dollars, or lack thereof, elsewhere"

You owe me 7 seconds.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-20-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
It took you 7 seconds to read that?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-20-2009, 6:47 PM Reply   
Caskimmer - Its not supposed to be like that but it is.

Example - WakeNation is spending alot of money promoting USA Wakeboard Cable Nationals. Not one word was mentioned in WBM. Not about the sport and all about $

Example - WBM schedules WWA Worlds in Orlando on the same weekend as 27 other Nations get together for the IWSF World Wakeboard Championship in Korea. Not about the sport but all about the $$
Old     (winterwakeboard)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-20-2009, 8:26 PM Reply   
This issue was pretty poorly handled. They made the advertising look like editorial content. If they want to do a special advertising section, call it that. No where in this issue do they call they let readers know that the cable features are actually ads. It is sad that they sell editorial content.
Old     (winterwakeboard)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-20-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
This issue was pretty poorly handled. They made the advertising look like editorial content. If they want to do a special advertising section, call it that. No where in this issue does WBM let readers know that the cable features are actually ads. It is sad that they sell editorial content.