Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       07-24-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
I have a dd brendella and can't let go of the rope due to surf size. I can land 180s all day but can't figure out the balance/speed for a 360. I pull in lots of slack line but towards the end of my 360 I run out of line and it pulls me down. Any suggestions?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-24-2013, 6:03 PM Reply   
Put more weight in the boat on the surf side.
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       07-29-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
So you just surf with the rope? Is that fun?
It's interesting I saw 2 people this weekend just surfing their little hearts out on the rope with clearly no intention of trying to drop it..

To your question.. I'd work on your wake and dropping the rope before trying tricks with the rope...
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-29-2013, 10:54 AM Reply   
If slalom skiers laugh at wakeboarders and wakeboarders laugh at wakesurfers and wakesurfers who surf without a handle laugh at wakesurfers who surf with the handle who do wakesurfers who surf with the handle laugh at? Trick skiers?
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       07-29-2013, 6:28 PM Reply   
Much appreciated guys... Like I said its not a matter of can't let go of the rope. It's a matter of the surf isnt big enough. My buddy has an older centurion we both like to wakesurf behind our boats but.they.have such a low freeboard neither is capable of much ballast besides putting everyone on one side.

We surf with the rope and yes, for what we have its just fine for.now. i can do 180s (with a rope!) No problem. But I just can't finish a 360. It seems like every time I run out of slack line and surf to be able to complete the turn.

That being said, back to the original question. Any tips? Or ways the spin faster?
Old     (Epic21v)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-29-2013, 6:49 PM Reply   
Start with the rope in your back hand behind your back (wraped). Start a cut into the wake, leaning onto your toes, to help break the fin loose, and to keep from catching your edge.after finishing your first 180, keep your momentum going start transfering weight to your normal back foot to help re-engage the rear fin to bring you around.Make sure to keep your self centered and balanced as you come around or this might happen.