Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-24-2012, 12:26 AM Reply   
I have seen a lot of recoveries that have blown me away, but lately I have seen a few amazing ones. I posted a video a while back of Ford Chupik recovering at the West Coast Wakesurf Open which I thought was pretty cool.

Is it possible for someone to recover from this?

It would take a boat with more than average push at the back, and some decent skill.

But this one, could it be possible to recover from this one?

That is not Dennis barefoot wakesurfing. There is a board in there somewhere, it is completely underwater. This isn't a single shot where the boat or spray hides the board for a split second either.

I would guess that it would take some serious Ninja Surf Skill to pull this one off. It would take the skill of someone that could only attain it through long periods of meditation to become one with the water, one with the lake, one with the wake. Could it be done?

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-25-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
So here is the video:

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-25-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
I like this video as I too am a sucker for a good save. Two of my favorites is one of James that I saw a couple years ago that I couldn't believe he made. He was way back in the white washing and popping the board like a bunny to get back in. The other was when a guy (not sure who) that popped down and paddled back in to the wave then popped back up. Pretty cool.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-25-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
Feel free to post any other Surf Ninja recoveries, I think I remember the one of James, but not the other. Fun to watch.
Old     (dtown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-27-2012, 6:33 AM Reply   
Here's my best recovery... I'm more of a yellow belt.

Last edited by dtown; 06-27-2012 at 6:38 AM.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-27-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Now way man, that's at least a brown belt, that was great! What boat is that? Nice wake. I love looking at beautiful wakes during recoveries, my favorite shot.
Old     (dtown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-27-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
MB F21. As you can see from the wash to the side of the boat, the water was pretty wind blown that day. Not the cleanest face, but lots of push... I'm 6'5", 255lbs.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-27-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
It looked a bit like our RZ2 wake, but not quite. Great looking wake for any boat, but especially a 21' boat. Not too shabby getting that big red woody around either, cool stuff, that's a big board.

Edit: Not quite as in not quite the same, not as in not as good, great looking wake.