Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-24-2010, 5:51 AM Reply   
I have an 09 Lyman that I just bought, the board has excellent pop and lands awesome, the only problem is that it's too loose for edging and doesn't hold in turns as much as I like. Do people add skags to boards to help this out? Or, should I just find another board? I've got a pair of skags that I want to try adding... Thanks
Old     (rc005)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-24-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
whats a skag? even without knowing.. i would say no, people do not add them to the board.. your best bet would be to find a board you like better, maybe one that sits a little deeper in the water for better control..
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-24-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
If I remember correctly you should be able to replace the two inner fins with something bigger for more hold I would imagine... if thats the route you wanna go.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-24-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Skags=fins
Old school term.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-24-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
have u already got the removable fins on? If you still find that too loose its not the board for you. You could try the S4, Similar characteristics but much deeper fins and will track harder.
Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-24-2010, 9:39 PM Reply   
Cool... Yes, I meant fins... Thanks for the advice..
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-25-2010, 5:12 AM Reply   
skags=surfboard

fins=wakeboard
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-25-2010, 5:37 AM Reply   
Fins = surfboard also

Skags is an old term not used anymore in either sport but we knew what you meant.
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-25-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
I am having the same problem. Is there an option from LF to add slightly bigger fins for this board? I am riding the Lyman with the grind base and the fins are slightly shorter in profile and rides differently than the regular Lyman without the grind base. I also have an S4 and I like the edge that it has but it doesn't pop as much or land as soft as the Lyman for me. I would like to make this grind base board ride more like the non-grind base Lyman. Any ideas?
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       06-26-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
Look here
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-27-2010, 12:12 PM Reply   
thanks. i will try those out