Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-16-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
Thanks to Endless Wave and wake9 we won the video contest for forms of multiple wakesurfing.

The rack not only looked good on top of the tower but was also very sturdy. It held surf and skim boards equally well. It was also high enough to avoid interfering with the rope, even while wakeboarding.
Upload
Upload
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-17-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
I like it alot. Looks alot less wear and tear than bouncing on some long finger in a traditional surf rack.

I just got that wakesurf rack from the National Comp from Creative designs. I love the look of the surfboard mounting plate, but weary of the traditional long fingers and my new TWP board bouncing in it. If it's snug I'll throw it in there, if not I'll just leave it in the bag. Good to hear it doesn't interfere with wakeboarding as that was my first concern when seeing that rack.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
It looks great Rob, I love mine also. Keeps my big boards up and out of the way. No where else to put them. What kind of traction is that on your walker? Is that Sticky bumps?
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-17-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
I have an Endless wave rack as well. It's the best rack on by boat. The machine work, and finish are perfect. And it's price is user friendly.
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
The Endless Wave rack looks like it will put very little (if any) wear and tear on a surf board. No bungies to smack you in the face. I worry about the wear and tear on a surf board in the traditional style surf board rack.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-17-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
hey ragboy, rob has astrodeck bleaker tail pad and x track arch bar on his bullet.

nice rack rob.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
We did a review on the rack, here is a link to the youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8H05DDLtmU
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
@duckdiver

Thanks. I am looking for something for RJs new team board.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-17-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
It's actually all astro deck..definitely a pain to get though, can't get all of the pieces from the same place!

But yes this is the first rack that I actually feel fine about putting my board in :-)
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-18-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
hey rob, i forgot you had that astro arch bar with the kick up front. we've been riding on paul's san 220 and it's the best wave i've ever ridden. it's huge both sides and has the sweetest lip for airs.

hey ragboy, komunity project and dakine have good pads also. nice and soft.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-18-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
will that rack mount to the illusion x?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
I don't think so, unless you have a round tube somewhere to mount it on.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-19-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
@ragboy What is "RJ's new team board" ?

@duckdiver thats sweet.. i saw some of the pics..boostin'!

@Cliff I would imagine it could, I'm not sure the diameter on the circular part of the illusion towers though. Give them a call, I'm sure they could answer your question..
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2009, 3:29 PM Reply   
Rob how are you liking the 3/2/1's? Sorry for the hijack
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-19-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
Astrodeck makes sandals out of their traction materials too...way cool IMO.

That rack is awesome.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-19-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
Hey Duffy, I like 'em a lot! Makes the board feel quicker on the water imo. Thanks!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2009, 10:22 PM Reply   
@rob

RJ is riding a loaner now from Dennis, it is Bre's board. He has a new TWP James Walker Signature Edition being made. I am actually getting 2, a 4.5 for RJ and Whitney, and a 4.0 for Maddie to move up to when she is ready.

As is my way, I am did custom graphics for them, they should be done in a few days. Here is graphic for RJ's board:

And here is graphic for 4.0 board:

Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-20-2009, 5:39 AM Reply   
Ragboy,
Nice Graphics, do you have the printer to print the graphics off, or do you have someone else do that?? Also if I can ask, what kind of material do you use for the graphics? I wouldn't mind doing the same thing. Seems easier than painting!

Jon T
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Surfdad or SMED or maybe Dennis can probably give better detail but here is what I know. When I do custom graphics on a board, It costs me about $100 setup, but then I can add this graphic to as many boards as needed for like $20 each. So I do this to brand the boards to wake9. I believe they print the graphic on rice paper and laminate it INTO the glass. It is something I wanted to do for a long time, being the digital type guy that I am and the GROM was the first time that I did it. We did one, it looked fantastic so I am going to keep doing it. Because the art is glassed in, its not going to fade or deteriorate as far as I know.

You do have to have some good graphics power to do them, the files are full size at 250 dpi when they go to TWP.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-20-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
And where do you find the board shaped template?
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-20-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
RAG...you have your kids burning it at both ends.
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-20-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Hmm,, might have to stick with the paint method for now. Thanks for the info!

Jon T
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
@dtw

I take special pics for the artist with measurements and also a shot that he can cut the shape out for. Then we overlay the cutout over the graphic, to see how it will look, and show TWP how we want it, but the cutout isn't part of the art, the art is a rectangle that he lays on. So here is how the art really gets printed, I just add the cutout overlay so that I can convey to mike at TWP how the finished product is supposed to look.

Here is a picture I take with a prototype or a demo board to get the shape to the artist, he uses this for the cutout.

And here are several images that I take to give the artist measurements including width every 6 inches up the board. There are only a couple.

IMG_1106

IMG_1107

IMG_1108

IMG_1109

IMG_1113

IMG_1114

And of course RJ always finds a way to be a dork.
IMG_1118
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-20-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Massive biceps. Better get him ready for the UFC!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
So the contest is end of next week, and our boards are almost done. I got these 2 pictures from TWP to wet my appetite. Kinda cool seeing them at this stage.

photo

photo2

@dtw have you seen Zoolander? This is RJ doing the "Magnum", or wait, was it "Blue Steel" ;-)
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-21-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
Zoolander can't turn right
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
LOL, that's funny. RJ is doing the magnum, but is working on the other 3 poses.

rj

One day he may have all 4 down.

zoo
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-21-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
Cool! Do the graphics wrap around the board too..or is one a bottom graphic and the other just a top graphic?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-21-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
I've been contemplating doing a photo book called "Groomlander". At the weddings we shoot, I always try to get the groom to unleash their best blue steel. Needless to say, I could easily fill a book like this.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
@rob

I talked to mike about wrapping it, but that for him to use his judgement, whatever he thought would work and look well, mike has a very good eye. Looking at the white one, I am guessing it is wrapped, will find out soon. I will share when I get the finished product.