Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-09-2013, 7:19 AM Reply   
I have an '07 Chevy 3500 Classic 4X4 crew cab long bed Duramax and have been toying with the idea of selling it, here is why.

We are going to get a motorhome that will be the main tow vehicle for the boat. We are also going to get rid of my wife's Montero and get a Tahoe or Suburban for her which could also tow the boat. The only other thing I tow is a small wood trailer which I could pick up an older used gasser to tow.

I am sure I would miss the diesel power, but other than that I haven't thought of any other reasons to keep it. For the last few years I only drive it on occasional long trips, but mostly just to tow the boat.

So if I do sell it is $30K to high?

It has all of the following
Canopy
Leather
Heated power front seats
Goose neck
tow package
sun roof
running boards
bed liner
Nice chrome rims
3 inch Tuf Country lift
New tires
Sliding rear window
6 disc CD changer
On Star
Bose speakers
65,000 miles
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-09-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
I think that's about the right price range if it's loaded.

I've been thinking of the same thing with my '08 F250 Lariat so I've been watching the prices of these trucks carefully...
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-09-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
I think that's about the right price range if it's loaded.

I've been thinking of the same thing with my '08 F250 Lariat so I've been watching the prices of these trucks carefully...
I have been watching a little too. I have seen several similiar ones for sell, but they all have like 100,000 miles on them. I would assume being down in the 65,000 mile range I should be able to pull a little better cash out of mine?
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       08-09-2013, 7:46 AM Reply   
That's a decent price on that truck IMO. I've got a 08 dodge 3500 with 100k more miles and I see them go from 26-33k.
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-10-2013, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
That's a decent price on that truck IMO. I've got a 08 dodge 3500 with 100k more miles and I see them go from 26-33k.
Where are you at Bryce? I have been towing with the idea of listing it on eBay to get a bigger market since I have heard some rigs sell better in certain parts of the U.S. I have just never done that before and am not sure exactly what the ramifications are listing it there.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-10-2013, 3:02 PM Reply   
Brian, list it on dieselplace and duramaxforum.com

Lots of traffic on those sites. I've bought and sold a few trucks from there. Price is decent being an LBZ and pre-emissions, but they're price is starting to come down a little. I picked up an 08 3500HD in December for $27K.
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-11-2013, 4:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
Brian, list it on dieselplace and duramaxforum.com

Lots of traffic on those sites. I've bought and sold a few trucks from there. Price is decent being an LBZ and pre-emissions, but they're price is starting to come down a little. I picked up an 08 3500HD in December for $27K.
Doesn't that one have all the emissions stuff on it though?
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       08-11-2013, 6:45 PM Reply   
Brian sorry for the late response. Im in Wichita, KS but I keep an eye out from here down to Texas. Market on good diesel trucks seems to be doing pretty good.
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-12-2013, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
Brian sorry for the late response. Im in Wichita, KS but I keep an eye out from here down to Texas. Market on good diesel trucks seems to be doing pretty good.
No worries, thanks Bryce. I have been watching similiar rigs on ebay quite a bit and am shocked with some prices. If I could get the truck to the Michigan area I could grab some nice cash for it. It seems like rigs coming from areas that are not hammered with salt water air sell really well there.

I think I am going to advertise right at $31K as soon as I get it detailed and go from there. I mentioned selling it and had one guy offer me his 99 1500 and cash which might be a great deal for me. His truck could pull the boat if I wanted and can haul the wood trailer for sure, plus he bought it new and has babied it for the last 14 years. I think his truck and $23K or $24K would be a decent deal?