Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ross)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-15-2013, 12:53 AM Reply   
I'm looking at purchasing a 2010 Supreme V226 surf series boat.
The boat has the MercCuiser scorpion 380hp motor in.
Going to be used mostly for surfing.
It has a manually adjustable wake plate.
My questions:
Is it necessary to upgrade plate to a Bennett adjustable plate.
All round quality of boat?
Any issues that anybody has had with this boat?
Any comment would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ross
Attached Images

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2013, 2:00 AM Reply   
A trim tab you can control a the touch of a button is ideal. Lenco also makes trim tabs, theirs have an electric motor vs hydraulic from Bennett. Both would be an upgrade over a manual plate. Never new they made a manual plate I wonder what it looks like.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
Honestly you wont even need the trim tab I always keep mine up and if the wave becomes to steep and short all you have to do is speed up. The plate helps when wake boarding for getting on plane.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-15-2013, 8:22 AM Reply   
I would try to get info for ReSession,Surfdad,or Rob17,they all own and surf that boat ALOT.You will get the mose accurate info on that model from them.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-15-2013, 2:51 PM Reply   
I would assume the boat has the 330HP engine, Merc does not have a 380HP engine available, only the 6.2 which was 340HP. I would definately upgrade to a Bennett trim tab, its a must, SO much better. As far as the boat goes, as long as its well kept, and maintained you should be good to go. PNP ballast makes life a lot better too. Nice looking boat!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-15-2013, 7:17 PM Reply   
I was present for a very huge portion of the on water testing on these boats and am the rider pictured behind the boat in the first catalogue when the boat was released. Given that info keep in mind that I no longer have any affiliation with the company. I was very good friends with the former president of the company for quite some time but life has a way of making changes. For surfing, IMO there is no better wave out there. Surfed at 17 mph close to 25 feet behind the boat. The boat interior is huge and plenty of room for a ton of people and gear if you desire the crowd. Feels like you are a kid in a playpen when sitting in the seats. It sits soo high out of the water that you never have to worry about dunking the nose and can weight the crap out of it. As far as boarding, if you plan on doing any more than your average occasional weekend warrior boarding I suggest you look elsewhere. The wake is small, flat and wide. In short, if your a die hard surfer, buy buy buy! If your into both, test ride first, then check out some other options
Old     (ross)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-15-2013, 10:10 PM Reply   
Thanks Guys,
@motogod77 the motor is the MerCruiser 377DTS CAT 380Hp?
I've done quite a bit of research on the wave & am happy that it will produce an excellent wave.
My concern is really only with build quality & if there are any issues.
The other thing I will have to live with is the dash!!!
Thanks Ross
Attached Images

Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       01-16-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
Love those boats but man, that is one ugly dash!!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-16-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
The 377, is the 6.2 liter and 340 HP. That is the original dash, it didn't last long and was changed in mid season 2010. I agree with Jason, the wakeboard wake is really wide and loamie - the boat is too big, wide ect, but if you plumb more ballast in it actually gets really good, most customers are getting the boats with PNP 1000 lbs added on each side in the rear lockers, so 3200 lbs of "stock" ballast - then the wakeboard wake kicks! For surfing the 226 is second to none!
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
Westsidarider pretty much nailed it...it's an amazing boat to surf behind and I love my '11 V226 (for the record, all my friends are jealous of my wave, and their boats are a 2012 Tige RZ2, 2011 MB Sport 23 WB, 2010 Nautique 210 and an older Mastercraft dubbed "Old Yella"). We ride at 11-11.2 MPH and sometimes it seems like you're back +25 feet in the wave at that speed! I shattered my femur wakeboarding in 2000, so I have very little interest in wakeboarding again!

I have the 1000 lb surf sac plumbed into the rear locker (we only really surf regular side). I fill ALL stock tanks when riding, including the rear starboard tank due to the extra 'push' it provides. I have 400 lbs of lead weight that I will shift around under the passenger compartment. So, in total...before adding rider weight, we're talking 500# for the stock rear tanks, 600# for the center/front tank, and 1000# plumbed into the rear, and the 400# of lead = 2500 lbs of ballast MAX.

I love my trim tab, it's great for trimming up the wave...set it at 50-75% to make the wave steeper for surfing or 100% for the girls and/or skim-style. I've never had to put any sacks on the seat (with an exception of a Lil Buddy 150# sac in the bow if we only have 3 riders. 4 people in the boat is great...1 in the HUGE bow, 1 across from the driver and 1 sitting in the rear corner (not up on the side wall or on the back sun mat...just sitting inside the boat). I say 4 because that allows us more runs, but you can put 3-4 upfront and 4 in the back plus the driver and still have plenty of room.

I've had guys that 'have wakesurfed with their buddy before' jump in my boat and get on the sun pad because they had to do that with their buddy...I just wave them back into the boat and tell them to just watch the wave shape up and they're amazed...'whoa man, we had to pile all my friends into the corner, hang off the side with a harness and drive in circles just to stay up!' JUST SAY NO TO CIRCLE SURFING!!! - I'm sure you could LOAD up the V226 with HUGE sacs on the seats and floors like I see other guys having to do with their boats, but it's just not necessary with the V226.

The fit and finish on the boat are nice...it's not the highest quality material that you'd find on Centurion/Tige (but it's also under $60k new!) and when I first got my boat delivered, there were some screws that were not cut off on the backside of the rear that would have torn nice holes into my fatsac once it filled up, so I just cut those off from the back and called it good.

Regarding the dash, just throw a towel over it when you're floating and no one will know the difference

Here's a quick vid from early last season...gives some good perspectives of the wave!

Ross, if you have any questions I'm happy to help!