Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Marksy)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-03-2012, 3:12 AM Reply   
I have been considering what boat to buy.

I have mainly been considering SANTE 210 or a Malibu VLX. At the moment I'm pretty sold on the 210. Absolutely love the wake and the functional seating.

However when dropping this amount of money I figure I should be considering all my options. Next on the research list is TIGE which I know nothing about.

Can some one share which model sits in the 210, VLX range.

Secondly let the comparison begin I guess? Has anyone recently been in the same situation and could share some information?

Is they wake of a TIGE more like a mal or Naut wake. How is it with stock ballast in comparison to how impressive the 210 is.
Old     (Marksy)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-03-2012, 3:54 AM Reply   
Just to add ill definitely try before I buy but just looking for some info first
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-03-2012, 4:26 AM Reply   
The Tige wake is most similar to the VLX. Tige has the Z1 which is a 21' with a 100" beam traditional boat and the 22VE which is a 22' boat with a 102" beam and traditional bow also.They also make a RZ2 which is a pickle fork bow.They have options for Std ballast 900lbs, Surf ballast 1600 lbs. and Pro ballast 2000 lbs.None of the other boats your looking at will be as fuel efficient as the Tige. All of the boats your looking at are excellent boats that are very reliable .They all have great wakes with the Nautique having a little different transition.You can't go wrong with any of the three.Good Luck!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-03-2012, 4:22 AM Reply   
Well you'd be in the z1 given the two other boats you're looking perhaps an rz2 If you wanted to go bigger.
This is going to give the ability to get 2000 lbs of stock ballast regardless of which model you buy which gives you under floor tanks along with above floornballast bags straight from the factory, if you need more weight just take 10 minutes to swap the bag. The wake shape is probably somewhere between the two in terms of shape a bit steeper and more f a lip than Malibu but more transition than the nautique, the taps plate gives you the ability to add a lip pretty easily and works well at shaping the wake. The TIGE wake is my favorite that's half the reason we have one. Also when it comes to surfing the TIGE will do an excellent job with just stock ballast, add more and you'll have a great wake.

Try all the boats out and make the decision for yourself, tiges get mixed feelings here sometimes but don't write them off. Also the z1 has the potential to give your more bang for your buck.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
Definitely take a 22Ve or an RZ2 for a test drive! I've had my RZ2 for 5 years now and couldn't be happier! 5 years ago, everyone on this forum was dead set against Tige and I liked the styling and my local dealer so much that I took a chance and I am so glad that I did. Tige has stepped up their game in every way, shape and form in the last few years and they are making a solid, reliable product that throws a nice wake and an awesome surf wave (if you're interested in that). If Tige wasn't a major player right now, I don't think WW would have the Z3 as their boat for this year. Good luck on your test drive!
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-03-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
I looked at all of the above mentioned when I purchased. Tige has really stepped up their game. Only problem I have come across with the Tige is some people have reported porposing while driving, probably due to the convex hull. The 210 is a great boat with some cool interior seating, but it doesn't feel as big as the Tige and definately feels smaller than the VLX. VLX is not without problems either - the malivue system has locked up on a few folks, but a software update seems to be the resolution.

Make sure you love your dealer. Test drive them all, good luck, and have fun!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-03-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
the title of this thread made me think of this...

Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2012, 5:06 PM Reply   
I have an 09 Z1 and love it, took delivery brand new. We have about 180 hours on it and no major problems. There is some minor quirks I don't like which has been fixed in the updated models. A few of my friends and I have Z1's and I have never had problems with porposing or heard of it from others. The only thing I can of that may have caused that report is that the TAPS System (Wake Plate) needs to be in the down position at high speed because of the Convex Hull.

You should also check out tigeowners.com

Tige has really stepped up their game in the last few years, even since my purhcase in 09' You should really cheeck them out.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-03-2012, 5:22 PM Reply   
Your doing the right thing. Test drive them all!!! IMPO with the budget your talking about the RZ2 and 22VE will be the boats you will want to take a look at. Both have great surf and wakeboard wakes. I work on all brands of ski/wake boats..I am also a Tige guy so I could go on and on why I think they are the best but the bottom line is you have to like it. So the test drive will answer all your questions. As far as build quality and materials used they are top notch. When it comes to standing behind their product Tige is second to none. delt with a few different brands over the years and can say hands down Tige has always done the right thing when it came to taking care of their customers...far better than the other brands I have delt with at the dealer level. Good luck and enjoy your new boat!!
Old     (Marksy)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-03-2012, 6:26 PM Reply   
Thanks all. Very re-assuring to hear the positive feedback. I'll get in touch with my local dealer and go for a demo.

Going to be hard to sway my decision from the 210 but we are in autumn now so I'm in no hurry. I'll post back my thoughts after the demo. Bang for buck might be tempting though.

Seems the comparable options are the Z1, RZ2 and the 22VE in terms of performance and price.