Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (WakeMark)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-26-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
Hello everyone!

I have bought my first wetsuit, and is the first time I try one wetsuit (I started wakeboarding last summer). Just to know, how you felt the first time you wore a full wetsuit? Mine is a 4/3 billabong FOIL MS. It feels pretty tight! The sensations are a bit strange...

Thank you!!
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-26-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
I have never worn a full wet suit, but I do wear a HO 2mm shorty at the beginning and end of the season when it's cold out. It does feel weird and kinda restrictive at first, especially dry. But once you get it in the water, everything loosens up a bit and feels a lot more comfortable.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-26-2014, 7:51 PM Reply   
"The sensations are a bit strange". What the hell does that mean...My advice: Try to concentrate on the wake boarding not girls.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-30-2014, 11:04 AM Reply   
Strange sensations?...you need a drysuit.
Old     (awakewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-01-2014, 6:45 AM Reply   
Mine is one with extra stretch so I don't tear it wile boarding. It should not be so tight that is is hard to get your fingers under the fabric at your wrist, but you also don't want it to let water flow in and out of it freely.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-01-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
A new suit should be a little uncomfortable new and dry. It will loosen a bit when wet and also break in with time. The worst thing you can do is buy one that is nice and comfy in the shop. In no time, water will flow through that thing. In a new, good suit, your torso should be completely dry for your first few rides.

As for a drysuit, I had one for years, but I have retired it because I finally spent the money on a good wet suit. You stay almost completely dry in a good 4-3 and it is far more comfortable. That said, I no longer ride on super crappy days because we have so few in Houston. Dallas was a different story.
Old    DanielPeyton            04-02-2014, 12:03 AM Reply   
considered incurable by standard Raspberry Ultra Dropsorthodox medicine ice hospital with a bilingual staff of twelve on duty full time positions back by more than fifty support personnel ranging from nurses to administrative kitchen maintenance and transportation workers is setting state of the arts standards in developing individualized integrated treatment.
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       04-02-2014, 3:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielPeyton View Post
considered incurable by standard Raspberry Ultra Dropsorthodox medicine ice hospital with a bilingual staff of twelve on duty full time positions back by more than fifty support personnel ranging from nurses to administrative kitchen maintenance and transportation workers is setting state of the arts standards in developing individualized integrated treatment.
This is good info. Listen to Daniel Peyton. He knows what he's talkin about.
Old     (WakeMark)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-03-2014, 7:57 AM Reply   
Thank you very much guys!!!! WTF is this DanielPeyton info xD