Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stu929)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-15-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
I have seen a number of new board threads on here and I know best case would be for me to go and try out boards at a local shop but in my area there really are no shops that offer such a service. I am brand new to the sport and sadly as most I am on somewhat of a budget. I'm 6'1'' 230 so I know that I need a 140+ board and I in most cases need XL bindings. Basically I am looking for recommendations on boards and bindings. I would like to be under 300 for both and actually have a line on a O'Brien Clutch with Kick bindings but have found very little information on this board and even less on these bindings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steve
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
Type of riding? Cable, boat, rails, etc...
Experience? casual rider, wake jumps, intermediate, advanced...
if you can... describe what kind of ride you are looking for... and don't say tons of pop and soft landings LOL

For real though man... what are looking for in a board?
Old     (stu929)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-15-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Well type of riding would be behind a boat. As for experience level....I have tried it once like I said brand new to the sport and I mean brand new.

As for what I'm looking for in a board, were we go boating we cannot always get smooth water so a board that performs well in slightly rough water would be a plus but mostly I'm looking for something that I can learn with and grow for a while without looking to replace it in a year.

Oh yeah and tons of pop and soft landings :-)

Last edited by stu929; 06-15-2010 at 2:40 PM. Reason: .
Old     (stu929)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-15-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
The Clutch with Bindings I can get for 170 by the way I just cannot find much about this combo and Im concerned it will be a one and done and I will be looking to invest more money, or even worse hate the set up.

Last edited by stu929; 06-15-2010 at 4:16 PM. Reason: .
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-15-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
Hyperlite offers a few packages that might work out well for you and are in your pricerange. I'd say the State Board with the Sprint binding might be your best bet. Check it out...http://www.hyperlite.com/product/305.../State_wSprint
Maybe also look into the Motive. Both boards should allow you to progress without totally outgrowing the board after a season.
Happy Shredding!
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-15-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
p.s. I learned on the Eden, which is the women's version of the State board and LOVED it for my first 3 seasons.
Old     (Anubis79)      Join Date: May 2010       06-15-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
Another option would be the Liquid Force Trip with Index bindings at $300 or the PS3 with Domain bindings at $350. Either one should be suitable for a new rider and still give you something to grow into skill-wise. I've been out of the loop for a long time and just upgraded my 10+year old board to the LF Trip. It's shipping as I type so I haven't had a chance to try it out but I can give you some feedback once I get it. For a complete beginner the Hyperlite State Linz suggested might be a bit better as it had some built in helpers to make cutting toe-side easier. At $300 there's a handful of choices and you probably couldn't go wrong with any of them as someone just starting out.