Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-04-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
I'm getting the boat ready for winter hibernation . The speakers are in a box on the tower. Anyone make or buy a cover for them to keep the rain out? I've seen the can covers but they won't work.

My wife bought some marine fabric and is going to make something - we are looking for ideas
Old    mojo            10-04-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
if you won't be using it bring the speakers inside, but if you don't want to do that order some speaker sox.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-04-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
I have a buddy who has 2 of the big NVS tower speakers on his Titan III. He wasn't able to find a pre-made cover for them. So he got some Sunbrella, cut & pinned a couple of covers over the whole thing, then took them in & had someone sew them up with velcro on the openings. Works fine if all he wants to do is cover them while the boat is parked. They don't fit tight enough to drive very fast though.
Old    mojo            10-04-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
speaker sox are sound transparent and provide uv protection. my 3 year old speakers look out of the box new.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-04-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
Its always nice to go with the pre-made covers if available. It is important that you use a material that breathes or you can have some serious mold and mildew problems just like the early protective bras used on the nose of a vehicle. This can permanently pit and damage just about any finish. Materials like Sunbrella fabrics are safe.
David
Earmark Marine
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-04-2010, 2:56 PM Reply   
Thanks for the ideas! The sox won't work because of the shape of the box. Thanks for the tip on breathing. My wife got some mesh to put in at the bottom (theory that the rain won't rain up - I know my edumacation paid off). She was going to use sunbrella but switched to marine fabric thinking that it would repel the water better + the mesh should allow it to breath.

Will post a picture when she finishes them.