Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-03-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
We have an 03' X2 and want to take out the hard tanks in the back and replace them with bags that fill the compartments. AS said in the Weighing an X Star thread, from a 1 to 10 scale, one being someone who can barely hold a hammer, and ten being a professional installer, I might be a 4-5. So, my question is what exactly does it take to remove out the hard tanks and install the bags? What bags, tools, fittings, and other parts do we need? Do you think this install is too difficult for someone like me to complete? I really have no idea of what to do so any help is appreciated.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-03-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
Can you hold a screwdriver? Unscrew the hose connections to the hard tank and unscrew the hard tanks from the fiberglass and pull the tanks out. Install the new bags with the correct connections. Call fly high directly and they'll help you out on the connections.....Also, Phat in Cincy does a nice visual write up, it's a little much for what you are doing, but you get the idea.......

http://www.wakesiderides.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17225
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-03-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
bryan don't you have to add an on/off valve and some extra hoses?
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-03-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
Your '03 probably came with Jabsco impeller pumps. If so, no on/off (check) valve required. The bags will operate the same way the tanks did. Nothing more required than a screw driver, sac fitting(s), and maybe some extra hose.
Paul
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-03-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
I was thinking the same, I have the Jabsco impellers. CHQ, to check if you have the Jabsco's look under the seat where your cooler is, the pump on the starboard side should be a Jabsco......
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-04-2007, 5:35 AM Reply   
Does anyone know what fittings are required to replace the tanks with pro x series sacks for an 07 x1. I'd normally figure it out myself, but I don't take delivery of the boat till later this week and this will be one of my first mods.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2007, 5:40 AM Reply   
The bags will come with some fittings, but if you need others you can get them from FH directly. I'm not sure if the X1 will come with 3/4" or 1" ID hose. Anyone???

Fly High ballast fittings at Wakeside

(Message edited by phat_in_cincy on June 04, 2007)
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-04-2007, 6:05 AM Reply   
This may seem stupid, but won't the bags not fill up all the way without the on/off valve? The reason I ask is that without the on'off valve, won't the water start to come out the over flow before there is adequate pressure to keep the bags firm? Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-04-2007, 6:55 AM Reply   
Stan you decided on the X1 instead of the Sanger huh? I have 2 650lb pro X sacs that are the stock center sack for the 21V if you are looking at picking some up.
Old     (point1234)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
I have an 06 x1 took out the hard tanks the other day. Took about two beers I wasnt in no hurry. Super easy to do. Also the hoses are 3/4 on mine. Also you will need a longer hose for the vent from the bag to the boat.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
chqwakeboarder,
As long as the vent line is higher than the water level in the bag you should not have a problem.

You may want to put a pvc swing check valve on the vent line so that the bag sucks empty. Otherwise you might run the slight chance that the pumps will suck air leaving an amount of water in the bag.
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-04-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
Stan you can do it two ways. The quick connect is the best way to do this ($44 for the connectors) but you can also just do the barbed ends with hose clamps ($24 for connectors) and make it more permenant. Below are the links. I am pretty sure the OEM hose dia is 3/4 inch but you may need the 1 inch dia quick connect if the hose is 1 inch. Ask Frizzy (Justin) in the proshop if you need help. The swap is easy to do. If you need help shoot me a PM.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/fly_high_ballast_fittings/fly_high_pro_x_fitting_W736

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/fly_high_ballast_fittings/fly_high_pro_x_fitting_W740

Or Barbed with hose clamps.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/fly_high_ballast_fittings/fly_high_pro_x_fitting_W737

(Message edited by dfwharvey on June 04, 2007)
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-04-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
Harvey, like someone else mentioned above, did you have to add hose for the vent line or was it long enough as it was?

Thanks
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-04-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
You can probably get away with not adding hose but I went ahead and added some hose on the fill side and the vent side. The issue is the bag doesnt have any play without adding some length to the hoses. I wanted to be able to adjust them in the compartment before filling them up.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-04-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
you will need to get more hose for the vent tube... It's only about 8" long on mine....
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-04-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
For the rear bags, do you guys recommend the v-drive sacs or the 750's? Also, reading a tread similar to this a while ago, I read that you have to reinforce the walls of the engine compartment. Is this true?
BTW here is the original 205V install thread
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/281329.html
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
I chose the 750's just for added capacity if/when needed (wakesurfing).

You don't have to reinforce the wall dividers, but on my 205V they touched the manifold and started to melt. I chose to stop that from happening, plus I didn't think it was the best condition to have weight pushing on the manifolds.

Here's the divider wall project you reference

Paul

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on June 04, 2007)
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-04-2007, 9:19 PM Reply   
Has anyone else had problems with the wall drives touching the manifolds?

BTW Paul, I love your boat. The work that you've done to it is incredible.

Chq
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-04-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
The debate is up... if you plan on surfin and you don't have 6 guys in the boat and billy who is a 380 lb small boy.. I'd say go with the 750's..

Otherwise the 440's are good!
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-04-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
How much of the compartment will the 440's fill up when full(I thought the v-drive sacs were only 400# not 440)?