Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-04-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
I was riding the other day and when i went to take my board off i noticed that the front footbead on the left side had torn completely out...Had anyone else had this problem and did CWB warrant this...They are only 2 mo. old
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-04-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
Contact the dealer you bought them from...they should be able to take care of that.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-05-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
I have a problem with my 05 Zues as well. The sides of the tonges keep on ripping. They rip were they are fastened to the bottom of the binding by the screws. the rubber just rips off of the screw. It has happened twice now. I phoned up the dealer and they talked to CWB and they fixed them under warranty. I have only used these binding a couple of times. They are a nice binding to ride but it gets annoying when you have to send them away all the time to get fixed!! But I have to say CWB did take care of the situations well.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-05-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
You shouldn't have to send them away to get fixed. Either your dealer should swap them out right there & deal with the warranty issue (what a good dealer does). Or you should call CWB warranty department &/or send them an email with an attached picture showing the defect. They will then send you the replacement piece, no charge.
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
My 05 zues bindings tore at the same spot Derek's did. The dealer took my old ones and replaced them with new ones on the spot. Friend of mine has broken '05 2 boss bindings in the same place. No charge. The dealer makes a world of difference. Makes you wonder whats going on with these bindings.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-05-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Friends of mine have Torq's *which I know are alot cheaper then Zeus* but his have torn 3 different times!!!! He "downgraded" to Mobe's and hasn't had a problem yet. For my "boatboard" I have Mobe's on there and we haven't had problems with them yet! Knock on wood! CWB's boards are great..........but the bindings seem a little below par!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-05-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
My boots have been great. I rode them all last year & this years Zeus only broke when my fat footed size 11 friend stuffed his dogs into my Medium boots. Other than that they have been perfect. If they are sized right they aren't any less durable than any other. There's a lot of force placed on boots & no company makes an indestructible binding.
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-05-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Update: I called CWB today and they are going to mail me a new piece. They stated that it was probablly because they were assembled improperly. I do have to say I like the dealer option better. Thanks for all the replies
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-06-2005, 6:50 AM Reply   
I had the 05 Zeus and had the tongue torn out at the side at the right binding after four sets. The srews were not really thightend.
Got a new piece, took both bindings apart, checked every pice and reasembled them with care. Also thigthend all the screws.
Tongue at the left foot twas torn out after the second set after reasembly, right binding took two sets longer.
Whent to my dealer, he contacted the distributor. The distributor said Zeus were a problem this year, he would recommend Krux, they were much more durable. Changed Zeus against Krux against refund.
Tongue of the Krux thas been torn out after four sets. Surprise.
So now I´ve downgraded to the 2004 CWB Boss. But still love CWB Bindings, just hate 2005 CWB bindings.