Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-07-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
I actualy own a 2010 Recoil and just loving... best board I have ever rode. I don't feel like I need a change but I have an opportunity to update my set up. I want to have some feedbacks on these boards by somebody who tried both. I'm a boat rider, no cable at all! I want to know how stiffer is the Hooke and how much the channels change something! Thanks!
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-07-2011, 6:58 PM Reply   
I like the new stiffer boards much better for boat. I have a reflex for cable and the newton for boat. I run the liquid force cupped side fins on the newton and I love it so far. The channels have made little to no difference to me but i definitely like the stiffer flex.

Last edited by BigTEX; 03-07-2011 at 6:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-08-2011, 12:35 PM Reply   
Thanks! I got couples weeks to take my finale decision!
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2011, 11:12 AM Reply   
I will hopefully have my new Slingshot Hooke on the way shortly, can't wait to try out the new stiffer feel is for us behind the boat guys!
Old     (shredthegnar87)      Join Date: May 2010       03-14-2011, 10:38 AM Reply   
i took my hooke 142 out yesterday for my first set on it...such a sic board. i rode a company severance last year, which is pretty similar but the stiffness of the hooke def helps with pop behind the boat. the RAD boots are pretty dope as well
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-14-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
I can't wait to try it! I have 2 good reasons to be excited... new Epic 23V and new board setup.... if that ice could melt!
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       03-15-2011, 7:21 PM Reply   
wats the diff in the recoil and kine???
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-15-2011, 8:08 PM Reply   
Kine = balistic serie, hybrid 3-stages
Recoil = regular slingshot board, full wood, no carbon, regular 3-stage
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       03-15-2011, 8:18 PM Reply   
but which is better for rails and wake all around lol
Old     (dubrider12)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2011, 8:48 PM Reply   
Two pretty different boards when you ride them behind the boat. What Fred said is correct. To add to that both are full wood cores the Kine does not have the "Durabase" (SS slider base), the recoil does have it. With that said both boards will hold up really well on rails, the recoil just has that little extra on it to make it last that much longer. As far as which is better for which to be honest with you, they all are dope when it comes to sliding rails and are pretty similar in that aspect. IMO if I was you I would demo if you can behind the boat and see which one fits you there and then just stick with it on the rails you wont be disapointed.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-30-2011, 5:12 PM Reply   
Anyone else have an opinion as to the improvement the bottom channels make in the hook or kine?
Does it make it more stable? Trying to decide if its worth the upgrade
Old     (jkgriner)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-02-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
I got my hooke last week, and put about 8 sets on it. I rode a recoil a couple times last year and wanted a flex board as my next one. The guys at slingshot guided me towards a hooke cause I ride wake 90% of the time. I love the board, it's still pretty flexible, and tracks really well, it only breaks loose when I'm not on edge. Being a boat rider, I'd switch to the hooke.