Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (mrt111)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-26-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Just wanted some feedback on indoor warehouse type storage... I am going to move my boat from a single unit 14' * 35' that is 45 minutes away and a pain in the a** to back in the spot i.e. (2 people and 30 minutes to get it in) to a warehouse style storage in an end spot that is 12' * 28'. The new location is 3 miles from my house and has mostly diesel motor homes (the kind that start @ $200k) I think it will be safe as they have assured me there has not been any theft and the building is locked with video surveillance, just checking if anyone uses this type of storage and if they leave their gear in the boat when they do...

Thanks in advance for the input !
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-26-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
why take the risk of leaving any gear..really that hard to take a few xtra minutes and removing it..
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-26-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
My approach with that kind of situation is to look around and see if there's better stuff to steal laying around than my stuff I'm leaving out.
Old     (mrt111)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-26-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
I wasn't planning on leaving the boards just the vests and ropes; the kind of stuff that is under the seats and in the storage compartments etc.

Anyone use this type of storage ???
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-26-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
I find it to be a piece of mind when I take everything out of my boat for long term storage. Also there are no worries about mold etc and I like to leave all compartments open so they air out. I like to store my vests and stuff on hangers.
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2007, 4:01 AM Reply   
I use this type of storage, but its right at the lake:
http://highpointmarina.com/storage.shtml

It's known as the 'Boat Valet'. I keep all of my gear on the boat, even leave the boards on the racks. I've been using this storage for 4 years and have NEVER had a problem w/ theft.
Old     (mrt111)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-27-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Great Feedback ! Dan that looks fantastic ! I wish I was close enough to a lake that had that service but being in So Cal it isn't an option. The valet approach seems genius ! The cost is pretty low as well compared to So Cal. Thanks for all of the input !
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-27-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
I had a horrible experience, although I expect it is a one-off kind of issue. I kept my boat in a warehouse storage facility here in Northern California. My stereo and all of my equipment was taken from my boat one night when 5-6 other RV's and boats were hit. I am convinced it was an inside job. I would make sure that you get a copy of their insurance, as the insurance that the storage facility had only covered the building and not the property on the inside of the building. This guy also had let the insurance expire. It was a total nightmare, make sure you do your research on who can get in and out of the facility and what is covered from an insurance standpoint. There are no regulations required for insurance on these facilities, so make sure you know what you are getting.