Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
Alright my fellow Arizonians, which is the quickest way to Roosevelt from East Mesa. The Bee Line or through Globe?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-15-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
5: Merge onto AZ-202 LOOP E. 12.1 miles Map
6: Take the COUNTRY CLUB DR / AZ-87 exit- EXIT 13- toward PAYSON. 0.3 miles Map
7: Turn LEFT onto N COUNTRY CLUB DR / AZ-87 N. Continue to follow AZ-87 N. 57.6 miles Map
8: Turn RIGHT onto AZ-188. 31.6 miles Map
9: Turn RIGHT onto AZ-88 / APACHE TRL. 0.5 miles Map
10: End at Theodore Roosevelt Lake:
Fort Mcdowell, AZ US
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-15-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
From East Mesa go through Globe. If you go through globe you can stop to get gas,food and all other supplies about 15minutes from the lake. If you go the other way you have to pack everthing from Mesa (food, gas in the boat, ect.) Plus the beeline puts you on the far end of the lake and I don't think there is a launch ramp there. So you would have tyo drive to the globe side anyways.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-15-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
uhhh, not sure why anyone would go thru globe if you are in mesa. Pretty much nobody goes that route. It's longer and if you go thru globe, you have to drive WAY past Roosevelt Lake resort, which is pretty far from even Windy hill boat ramp. Just head down Ellsworth or Power Road and keep on going past Saguaro Lake until you hit the B-line.

There is a gas station at Jakes corner and another one before you hit Punkin Center.

As far as I know, most people head up the B-line highway like "Solo" explains. I have driven both ways and live in Mesa. It took my 2 hours when I took the Globe route. However, if I take the B-line route, thru the mountains, it always takes us about 1 hour 20 minutes. Of course, that includes the stop at Jakes Corner to get beer!

We are driving up with 2 boats on Sunday (mine & black Moomba Gravity games edition). The winds will be low and it will be awesome out. Flag us down. :-)

Launch at Cholla ramp. The water always seems better at that end.
Old    bocephus            03-16-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hey All,
Are you guys interested in getting together for a big *#@ camping trip up there? If so join:

http://groups.myspace.com/azwakeboarding

THanks,
Ryan
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-16-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
Sounds good to me! Are you talking Windy Hill or right along the shoreline near Cholla Ramp?

Anyone going out on Sunday?
Old    bocephus            03-16-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
I have only been to Roosevelt once and I have no idea where I was. With Bartlett being out of commission I figure we will start going to Apache or Roosevelt. Due to the long ride up there I figured we could camp too.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-16-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Why does everyone say Bartlett is closed? We rode there last week?
Old    bocephus            03-16-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
It's not closed, just really hard to put a boat in the water without a big 4x4. I know my little 2wd Dodge ain't gonna get the job done!
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
I too am looking to do more 2day trips to Apache, Roosevelt, and Parker this spring. 2WD Excursion can't launch off the shore at Bartlett, so I am bumming a little. I miss Bartlett.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-16-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
count me in
Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-19-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
We went out on Friday via the Beeline. 1hr 15min. Roosevelt is awesome. Some parts of the lake were a little windy but it was very easy to find a cove to board in.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-19-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
awesome... Went out yesterday to roosevelt and the lake was 64. It's finally nice to not wear a dry suite or wet suite of anykind.