Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    wakeboarder408            08-05-2004, 11:39 PM Reply   
Im having a hard time deciding on which one to get between the 2 bindings. I heard both are very comfortable and are very easy to get in/out. If you can get either one for the same price, which one would you get and why?
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-06-2004, 12:32 AM Reply   
hey mark when you make up your mind i have a set of both which are brand new that are for sale reasonably cheap. they are both different and have different styles about them. but let me know.
Old    cheeseinaz            08-06-2004, 6:39 AM Reply   
Derek, other than the color/appearance what are the diffs between the sphynx and transits? I've tried on the Transits and liked them but they felt like I couldn't get them tight enough over the top of my foot. Are the Sphynx any tighter. What size do you have them in and how much? I might be interested....
Old    wakeboarder408            08-06-2004, 6:41 AM Reply   
Derek, i might be interested too. I need a pair of med. Let me know.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
I tried the transits on and they felt pretty good but I'd prefer the sphynx... they have lower wraps and softer toe underlay that gives more flexibility... and it should be easier to get them tighter over the top of the foot because of the straps that are added under the overlay(same place as the HL option 2 straps)... you can see a part of it over the overlay where the lowest of the top 3 lace loops is attatched... but still same unbeatable comfort...
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       08-06-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
I have the sphynx and i LOVE them, they are the most comfortable binding i've ever worn. But then again i think a lot of ppl say that about their bindings, but anyways id definately go for the sphynx.
Old    blind5            08-06-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Wait till you see the new HL they are bad a. nothing against LF. they are made out of a new non rip material
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
and probably could be used as ballast in the boat... this way you'll save on fat sacks...
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
LOL!!!......"non rip material"
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-06-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
to answer your question....sphynx beacause they're lower and more flexible, and I like that.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-06-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
LF ownz HYPErlite.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
I had been a HL fan for years till I recently tried on the new LF bindings. I could not believe the comfort and fit differance. I went with the 05 alphas. The LF bindings are also soooo much lighter then the HL bindings. The reason for my switch was the overlay ripping issue with the HL stuff. I am glad I tried something differant.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-08-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
I just rode my transits for the first time this weekend and love them. Super comfy, even more then my old parks bindings. The inside material is so soft its awesome. They hold good and tight with no pressure points and are also flexible enough for some good pokes on grabs.