Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-04-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
I had my boat (2006 X2) on Medicine Lake and just pulled it out this past weekend. Needless to say, it was RIDICULOUS trying to get it out because it was sooooo shallow. Took about 1.5 hours and a lot of swearing.

Anyways, looking for a place to launch that has a deep water launch so I can keep boarding the rest of the summer.

Any help would be appreciated!

(Message edited by sadcaper on August 04, 2009)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-04-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
Bald Eagle is Fine. I used it yesterday, no big deal. Also on WBL next "Admiral D's," you have to pay for it to launch, but its deep. Owasso IN Shoreview has a Great Launch.
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-04-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
Sweet thanks Andy. Never been on any of those lakes. Maybe I'll check out Owasso first as it's closest to me.

Any tips/areas to avoid there? Looking at a lake depth map it appears the best place to board would be along the west shoreline...looks to be the deepest. Do you board in the southwest channel? It looks pretty shallow in there.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
Was in Lake Independence last week and had no problems with the launch. If you're coming from Medicine, it's a quick commute on the new bypass.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-04-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
Lots of places on Minnetonka to launch. Owasso is super shallow right now.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
Stay out of the south end of the arm on Owasso, we had a customer hit a rock, and I'm not talking prop ding here I'm talking hitting the hull so hard it cracked the liner!!!

The rest of Owasso is OK, I'd hit up Long Lake in Fridley or Long Lake in Orono as far as decent lakes not to far from casa de drew.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
I'll try to get you out on Rice Lake, here's what she looked like on Friday!
Upload
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-04-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
The Mississippi River is dredged 9-14 feet from the Coon Rapids Dam to the 169/Champlain bridge. Seven miles of rideable water. There are three launches plenty deep enough. Lots of wake boats!

(Message edited by wakemikey on August 04, 2009)
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-04-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the ideas. I thought about the river, and I suppose that's always an option.

Mr. King, how are the launches at both Long Lakes? Rice Lake??? Waaaay too far North mi amigo!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
Sorry brah, Rice has no public launch, its only like 10 minutes from your place, right off of 94 in Maple Grove. I gots your hook up, as soon as you admit I have mad style you can rip it out there.
Old     (mastercraftboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-04-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
I hate that launch too( maybe you see us out there, blue prostar 190 w/ tower) we actually tried yesterday and our wheel wells didnt even get wet, 15 minutes away, Lake Independence, great lake, not shallow at all, its great!!!!
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-04-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Ahhhh THAT Rice Lake. If it looks like that picture then I'll admit to anything to get on it!

Yeah, I'll have to check out Lake Independence. Sounds solid. I'm done with Medicine for the year...unless we get like 2 feet of rain in the next week or so that is. Pretty sad summer we've had this year!

(Message edited by sadcaper on August 04, 2009)
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-04-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
Is anyone out there riding today?? it looks suuuper niice out,havent gotten to ride in like 2 weeks, any chance someone would hook a brother up with a pull?? pleeease 641-751-9183
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-04-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
I'm not riding tonight unfortunately...dang national night out or whatever...things we do when we get old...embarrassing!!!