Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
hey wassup everyone currently im using a water ski rope....and i dont think that really cuts it. im looking at some ropes right now im thingin about ordering this one.

http://wake-space.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MWS&Product_Co de=4410_8_3&Category_Code=B4a1

is this good enough? i dont really need to buy a expensive rope just something to help. and if you guys have any recommendation about a rope in that price range please fell free topost up and let me know. i have only ridden like 3 times and those days were extremely choppy. so im most likely going to go this sturday for a good while out to a new location that supposebly always has low chop. so i want to be prepared for that day. and i still am only on one fin ( the back one) does it make that much of a differnce using both to one fin?
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-22-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
I began with a old ski rope, it was awful, you can get a wakeboard rope for 40 bucks or so, it should be your first buy.

I am not familiar with that rope, there was steal on bbb last week for half the price, and it was a sweet deal. maybe keep looking.
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
and also if you guys can recommend a gloves for me as well. no more that 40 bucks or so. i tend to lose grip without gloves lol
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-22-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
if you get the right handle you wont need gloves!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
I landed my first three with a big five tubing rope! that being said, its a low stretch rope so thats a step up, but 65' isn't too much, just thought I'd warn you of that, and with that rope you shouldn't need gloves.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
this one's a bit more than the link you provided, but trust me, you won't be disappointed with it.

http://www.greenhouserideshop.com/shop/product.php?productid=18487&cat=441&page=1
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
lol im butter fingers man n matter what grip i will lose grip trust me lol
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
80 feet is too much. i want either 64 or 70 thats what everywhere recoomends. mostly 65. i dont mind spending a little bit more money.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
you don't have to use 80'. it has 5' sections down to 65', i think.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-22-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
You wont lose grip on this one! One of the best handles in my opinion!

Diamond shaped feels sooo good in the hand!

If it's good enough for Murray it's good enough for us mere mortals!

http://www.wakeside.com/product/brands/wake/accurate/accurate+murray+ars+wakeboard+handle+2008.do
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
im looking for combo handle and rope. not seperate. please if you guys can find me a good rope that you guys recomend with a good handle around 65 or 70 feet at a good price by tonnight. i wanna have it shipped to my house by friday thats why,
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
Joe posted a great package.
the handle is renowned for koosh and the line is a bit better too. it would be worth the upgrade. Try it first without gloves, and if you find you don't need them anymore (most peeps on WW will agree you wont need gloves) then you will have paid the same amount of cash as the cheaper one with gloves, but the set-up will be a little better and you wont have to mess with gloves, especially when putting your board on. Putting a board on with gloves is kinda difficult with the loss of dexterity.

again, you don't have to use the whole 80ft. but one day you might want more length, or a buddy might want it. it is a good option to have
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
you could also wait for another rope pack to pop up on Boardersbestbuy.com
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
120 is a lil too much. something under a 100 is hwta im shooting for and isnt 75 still alot for a beginner like me?
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
ok the one joe posted. the line seems like a wire. not a rope. why is this better?

http://www.greenhouserideshop.com/shop/product.php?productid=18487&cat=441&page=1

and i like this one....same price jsut shorter and supposebly a better handle. and plus ronix is extra points for me. all i hear are good things from them.

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/d3dJe

but instead of a wire it looks like a rope. or is my mind playing tricks with me?
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-22-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
no gloves needed. I do have some I used once, they are not needed.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-22-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
Handle- Proline LG....Awesome x5

Rope- Anything you find on sale/closeout.
If its a wake rope you wont feel any difference between brands.

My .02

I had the handle in your link and it made my hands callus like a mofo.

(Message edited by ethan31 on April 22, 2008)
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2008, 6:18 PM Reply   
Marc, 120 is a great deal for that good of a rope and handle. and you wont need to spend extra money on gloves. A good rope helps so much. you can go buy a cheap combo with a semi stretchy rope but you are going to end up buying a better rope and handle later which means youve spent even more. We arent trying to make you buy something you dont need. we arent gaining anything. its just that we have been in the same situation as you and know how muc of a difference it is taking that first set on a non stretch wakeboard line.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
that "wire" you see is not really a wire. its a tightly braided rope that has a rubber coating around it to protect against nicks and also makes it easier to slide through your hands.
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
oh aight thanks for clearing the wire thing up for me lol. so what do u guys recommend over all? the ronix seems bad i guess cause i dont want calluses. but the proline seems too long for me? what do you guys think? 75-80 feet rope for a beginner to wakeboarding?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
wake lines have take offs so you can go shorter. youll be more then fine
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
it has a take off of 5 from 80 so the shortest would be 75. im guessing that good. im just kinda paranoid i guess cuse i have a feeling it would be too long for me or something. cause all the " before you buy a rope" articles they say a beginner shouuld ride 65-70
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
dude. it has a couple 5' take offs. it should have 4 take offs. so thats 20'.
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
i just figured that out when i was researching it. the other sites didnt have descriptions. i guess im going with this rope. placing my order as we speak.
Old     (nismo)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-22-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
okay just finished the order should be here on friday hopefully ill be able to test t out on saturday.and im pretty sure this would fix the problem of beig yanked by the boat the pulled back then yanked again while riding.
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-24-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
BBB is running what seems like a good deal on a pro line faction.
Old     (premiergirl)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-24-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
You won't be disappointed. The proline LG is by far the best handle/rope combo, besides the old school premier handle. ( Wish they still made that one. If you haven't already ordered, you can check the clearance section on buywake or wakeside, etc for last years model. I believe it was all white instead of black. It would probably be a little cheaper. Goodluck!
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-24-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
Boardersbestbuy.com

Great deal on there today.