Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Wakeboarder13)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-14-2013, 4:09 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I have been wakeboarding for 2awhile years and have a old beginner board. I am good at wakeboarding and need a better Wakeboard because mine is a old airhead beginner. I saw so,e videos on wakeskating though and it looks awesome. Should I buy me a new Wakeboard or wakeskate. Your opinions will decide what I buy. Thanks
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-14-2013, 6:58 AM Reply   
Firstly, its rare that a wakeboard will hold back your progression. Personal preference and cost are two main factors in picking up a new board. If you like a board because its faster/slower or loose/locked in, and you can afford it, then go for it, but there's no reason in getting a new board, just 'cos.

With wakeboarding/wakeskating, it depends on what you're looking to get from the sport and what kind of riding you can do (boat/winch/cable). Wakeboarding is generally easier for beginners and therefore can get more technical. Its and older sport and much more of a spectator sport too. In wakeskating, its harder to do the same tricks, and much of wakeskating I've seen, wouldn't be impressive to someone who wasn't a wakeskater/wakeboarder with some interest. But, if you're being pulled by a jetski/winch a lot of the time, you'd find skating will give you a deeper pool of tricks than wakeboarding could.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-14-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
A Airhead wakeboard will certainly hold back your progression. You can just about pick any wakeboard from any major brand and it would be a huge step up. Even jumping wake to wake on that board is dangerous.
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-14-2013, 7:44 AM Reply   
Definitely get a new wakeboard. so much better. I only wake skate to mess around and have fun.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-14-2013, 9:47 AM Reply   
Wakeboard!!!!!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-14-2013, 10:01 AM Reply   
You can pick up a skate dirty cheap. Find a good sale and get both. Those airhead boards are crap. Look for 12' boards or older on places like the house or evo. You like fast, loose, stiff, flexy, etc?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-14-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
How big are you and what is your shoe size?
Old     (Wakeboarder13)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-14-2013, 12:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
How big are you and what is your shoe size?
I am 15, about 5'11 and weigh 125ish. I am about a 1 in shoe size
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-14-2013, 12:37 PM Reply   
What is a 1 shoe size?

Anyways, do you want a 2010 CWB Faction 138? Its in really good condition and if you pay shipping I'll send it to you.
Old     (Wakeboarder13)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-14-2013, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
What is a 1 shoe size?

Anyways, do you want a 2010 CWB Faction 138? Its in really good condition and if you pay shipping I'll send it to you.
Sorry typo. I meant 10. Ha but all I have to do is pay shipping and I can have it?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-14-2013, 1:22 PM Reply   
Yeah. PM your address and I'll get it shipped. Might have to give me a few days, I need to come up with a board box.

This way you don't have to choose which way to shred and I get to raise my karma points.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-14-2013, 4:32 PM Reply   
What a good dude!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-14-2013, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah. PM your address and I'll get it shipped. Might have to give me a few days, I need to come up with a board box.

This way you don't have to choose which way to shred and I get to raise my karma points.
I am guessing he needs to come up with his own bindings? It shouldn't be hard. I doubt you will get them for free, but you can get a nice pair for cheap.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-14-2013, 6:01 PM Reply   
Way to step up small light. That's the spirit that keeps me coming back to wakeworld.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgettel View Post
Way to step up small light. That's the spirit that keeps me coming back to wakeworld.
I've met a lot of good friends through this place and its good to share the stoke!

Also, I have a pair of '10 Faction boots but they won't fit a size 10. I guess if anyone wants a set of Smalls, they are available too. They are just a little more beat up, nothing terrible.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       03-18-2013, 6:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
I've met a lot of good friends through this place and its good to share the stoke!

Also, I have a pair of '10 Faction boots but they won't fit a size 10. I guess if anyone wants a set of Smalls, they are available too. They are just a little more beat up, nothing terrible.
Dude, you are the man. Stoked to see this kind of stuff, karma points to you sir.
Old     (anketell3)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-18-2013, 9:21 AM Reply   
hey small light what shoe size would those boots fit? I'm a size 8ish lol

Last edited by anketell3; 03-18-2013 at 9:27 AM.
Old     (Fluffytoasters)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-19-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
Defiantly stick with wakeboarding. You said that you were pretty good so buy a new board and stay with wakeboarding. In wakeskating, you have to worry about landing with your feet on the board and staying up. In wakeboarding you only have to worry about staying up.