Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    alanp            05-12-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
booked my flight and hostel in munich, which is within walking distance of marienplatz) . any tips, dos and donts?
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-13-2011, 12:32 AM Reply   
Pace yourslef. Really babysit your beer. You have all day everyday to drink for a week straight.lol Have you ever been to Munchen in the first place?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-13-2011, 7:23 AM Reply   
Start practicing NOW.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-13-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
Don't be a wallflower, Look for a table with a few empty spots and some Germans that appear to be fun/partying. Buy a round of beer for them. The best days/nights we had were partying with locals.

Take a night off from the fairgrounds and party at Hofbrauhaus (downtown)

Don't start or be involved in a fight or you'll be gone instantly.

Drink lots. I don't remember going home one night and I woke up without a hangover every morning, it was amazing.

Get into a tent early and stick with it, don't be tempted to move around or you might not get in again (the party tents fill up early)
Old    alanp            05-13-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
cool thanks guys. and yes mike i have been to munich before. we are just going for friday-monday.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-13-2011, 11:58 AM Reply   
Way jeaslous. I did a couple of quick nights when I studied in Italy during undergrad. Totally agree with the dont be a wallflower. One of the best nights I had was getting one of the haufbrauhaus waitresses to dance polka with me. I have never danced the polka before, but we ended up partying with the staff and it was nothing short of epic...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-13-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
Das boot!
Old    bigdtx            05-13-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
Don't do like my buddy did last time we were there and hit the jaeger bar first thing to kill the hair of the dog and then yak all over the street - although it was funny as hell and it worked - he felt great after that.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-16-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
hmm friday to monday? Maybe I will see you there. I have way to many frequent flyers
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
Funny this got posted... I have a buddy that is stationed in Germany and I'm planning on going. I think leaving around 10-28-11, coming back 9-5-11. I'm going to buy tickets this week. Where are you fling into and out of and how much did it run you? Everywhere I have looked has been about $1150.
Old    alanp            05-16-2011, 1:41 PM Reply   
after searching for tix the best we found was about 1050 round trip to munich. so we decided for an extra 150 bucks to go to england for 2 days. our trip is 3 stops washington dc to england then to munich then home for 1200. leaving dca sept 13th coming back sept 19th. opening weekend of octoberfest is saturday sept 17th.

if youre going, book your hostel/hotel asap. the town is filling up quick. we are staying at 4 you munchen i stayed at this hostel a couple years ago and its a decent place. prices are about 4x what they are normally due to the holiday tho. if youre a gambler wait and try to get a room at wombats hostel munich. that place is badass but they are only accepting reservations on june 1st at 12:00 local time. apparently the window is small(they book up in about 10 minutes after opening). but its one of the best hostels ive stayed in.