Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-14-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
Finally rap is back. With Detox just 60 days away (4/20 - imagine that), Dre was on Grammy's doing "I need a doctor" with Eminem. It is a song about Dre's song dying and him pulling away but Em begging him to come back. A whole you saved me now I have to save you song. All lyrics with no flash.

Best part - two rappers on stage (not 20), All black outfit (no flashy crap), and no bling jewelry and oversized watches. Just two guys rapping. Complete opposite of everything else that is on the radio right now. Felt like their song Guilty Conscience on stage.

Counting down the days.....
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-14-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
Rap/Hip-Hop was never gone....It just doesn't make radio/top 40. Most stuff you hear on the radio sucks anyways.

I agree though the Eminem and Dre part was really good.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-14-2011, 9:30 AM Reply   
I am with you. I know we did this on another thread. Heck Justin Bieber and Will Smith's kid was better than Soulja Boy/Lil Wayne and the rest of the new rappers.
Old    sperbet            02-14-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
SICK, been waiting for Detox forever. I though it just got scrapped since it wasn't released when it was supposed to be. Good to hear, can't wait
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-14-2011, 7:10 PM Reply   
I am SO EXCITED for Detox. Em and Dre.. my two favorite rappers ever.. together on stage.. I just about died last night. It was amazing, wonderful, everything it should be.

I believe I started the hip hop thread you're referring to.. when I said Wayne was not one of my favorite rappers. After hearing him recently though, especially after No Love on Recovery.. he's impressed me a lot more. He's got a very different style than the west coast gangsta rap that I love.. but he's good.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-16-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
I Need A Doctor is a hot track. Especially Skylar Grey on the hook.

Enjoy... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7900788/Musi...%20_Doctor.mp3
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
I have watching daily for years for detox Leaks, news,etc.. So they have one more track "slipping" or officially being released in about 3-4 weeks. Than the album supposedly is still on track for 4-20. I need a doctor is in my top 5 of all top in terms of the lyrics and story. What those guys can do is amazing. Would love to see the whole scene change and go back to lyrics over 20 guys on stage dancing and shouting like idiots.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-17-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
that song is legit... diggin it.