Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (mariestar_210)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-06-2008, 12:32 AM Reply   
Yesterday i bought a mastercraft x star 01.
The problem with the boat is that the stole the complete ballast system.There are no tanks and de kgb and pumps are all gone.At the back off the boat there are 3 intakes.I gues they are for the 3 fill pumps.And i also need 3 empty pumps.
Is there anyone who has some picture from the ballast system.
regards sander
Old     (mariestar_210)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-06-2008, 12:38 AM Reply   
a pic off the back off the boat
Upload
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-07-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Not near my boat now, but I have the same year prostar 205V. You'll need a fill and drain pump for each bag if you use the existing holes/system. I'd go with the tsunami pumps instead of the mayfair that came with that year boat.

Use the pro-x bags instead of tanks in the back.

All of the original harware, actuators, valves, fittings etc. can be found at:

https://www.flow-rite.com/store/marine/retail/marinestoreretail.html

Or you can do a reversible ballast system like this:

http://www.wakesiderides.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17225
Old     (wakemman910)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-07-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
ya man i have the same boat and we have a sick wake.

if i were you i wouldnt waste my time with the tanks use the fly high sacs and lead

750fly high sack on each side of the motor with your ballast pumps

400 tube sac in the locker

800lead in the nose under the bow seats

i like the pop product bags they work great and easy to move and 4 pop product bags in the boat for balance
Old     (mariestar_210)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-08-2008, 1:46 AM Reply   
Thanks men.
That mc looks nice.The problem we have in the Netherlands is that the gas is very expensive.So what all wakeboardboats do is a lpg system in the boat.For that you'll need room for the tanks.But with the sacs i'll think its possible.The good thing is that the tanks weight abouth 90 lbs eight.But there is always a solution for that.
Upload
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-08-2008, 6:02 AM Reply   
So you are running your boat on propane gas?

Can you explain more about the setup and the conversion?
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       04-08-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
I've heard that is how it is done over there. The nice thing is that the tanks are heavy. However, it makes it difficult adding weight because to really don't want to try putting a sac over the above and falling into the engine. Still use the KGB in the walkway though. Find a way to get some lead in bags/smaller containers so they're easy to move around.
Old     (rossl)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-08-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
We run lpg here in the uk too, as its 1/4 price of petrol, we use static 240Litres tank on our SAN that weight a ton and have a centre fillable ballest.

cheers
rosslUpload
Old     (mariestar_210)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-08-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
The technical specifications i can't explain but there are 2 systems in the netherlands.
One system is with a mixer and is mostly used one carberateur engine.Ther is also a system like the mpi.Thats lpg injection.When you look at the picture from my engine you see 8 lpg injections and at the wall there are the converters.
Ill try iff my friend can type something abouth it.He is the one of the guys who can build it inthe Netherlands.Uploadthis is a lpi system
Uploadthis is from a ly6 engine
Uploadthis a mixer system on a gm 350