Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (MrShelley)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-04-2013, 12:39 PM Reply   
As some of you may know, the GCWA is having their Spring Round Up next weekend (April 12-14) at Bethy Creek. I was talking with some friends here in the Kilgore/Longview area about going, but we all decided it was further than we wanted to pull our boats and that the water would probably still be colder than we would like. After a bit of discussion, it was suggested that we have our own little spring kickoff event locally at Brandy Branch Reservoir (Pirkey Power Plant). We were out there last week and water temps varied from 85 at the outlet to 66 at the dam. Also, the lake is SUPER full. It's actually flowing into the drain (first time I'm ever seen that in the 20 years I've been going to Pirkey). First Annual "Brandy Branch Blast Off"? Who's interested?