Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-28-2012, 4:21 AM Reply   
Honestly I just can't give enough props to TIGE as a company. Yes they are getting pricey but honestly their boats are among the top tier these days. I had a long conversation with the rep and wow are they doing a good job. Not one foul mention of another brand either, and I even explained to him a
Friends lemon type situation and they were more concerned about getting his boat repaired than boat bashing or boasting about the product, really great team they've put together, and they're making some great stuff these days!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-28-2012, 5:27 AM Reply   
For sure ghost the WW logo too.The Tige' one on it is the best looking one ever on a Tige'.Every other Tige' logo I've seen lately makes me want to puke,yours made me say "damn,that looks awesome"
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-28-2012, 6:50 AM Reply   
Huge fan of the Z3, VERY NICE Dave!! I am pretty sure this is the best looking tower on the market right now.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-28-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Honestly I just can't give enough props to TIGE as a company. Yes they are getting pricey but honestly their boats are among the top tier these days. I had a long conversation with the rep and wow are they doing a good job. Not one foul mention of another brand either, and I even explained to him a
Friends lemon type situation and they were more concerned about getting his boat repaired than boat bashing or boasting about the product, really great team they've put together, and they're making some great stuff these days!
I got the same feeling over the last 2 years of boat shopping before finally ordering my RZR. The Mastercraft dealer was more concerned with bashing Tige and showing their propaganda with the number of titled MC boats in Texas vs Tige, JD Power rankings, etc. The quote, "Why would you want a Tige instead of a Mastercraft?" (with a smirk on his face) pretty much did it for me, especially when the X2 didn't handle as well and didn't even come close to touching the RZR's surf wake. The water was really rough but I think the wakeboard wake was slightly better on the RZR but it could have been a tie.

Not once did anyone from Tige or the dealer mention or bad mouth another brand.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-28-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Houston, same here. Our dealer/rep wanted us to look at every other brand before buying tO make sure. They are very confident in what they build and their pride shows, they always want feedback and are very genuine and easy to deal with. Also in regards to the x2 a friend told me the rzr makes a better stock wakeboard wake as well, but I've never ridden both. Anyways Ill stop ringing my cowbell, they just give a warm fuzzy feeling about the boats they sell and the way they treat you, and that's a good thing when buying a boat.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-28-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
WOW... Super job on picking out this boat!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
Doing some tweaks this week and we'll hopefully get some pics next week. Just got this package from Wet Sounds cuz I can't do without my separate volume control for the boat and tower speakers (also because my kids would be heartbroken if we didn't have a PA system on the new boat)!

Name:  WetSounds.jpg
Views: 1629
Size:  155.6 KB
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-01-2012, 2:31 PM Reply   
definitely post some pics of the eq install!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
Do you mean pics after it's installed or pics of the actual procedure? It's pretty simple if I remember correctly from the last one I installed. The biggest problem is running RCA cables from the passenger side to the driver side and back.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-01-2012, 3:07 PM Reply   
On a brand new beast like yours, i'm more curious where your going to install the eq. If its gonna look like it was factory installed etc.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2012, 6:26 AM Reply   
Nice looking boat Dave. It is funny how people mentioned the fact the boat looked monstrous in the mold/build pics as I thought the same but now seeing the finished product shows that it doesn't look that large, though it is certainly big as a 23 footer. Really clean lines, I like the combinations you've chosen.

I haven't followed the decision, but curious as to why you went with Tige this year vs. the Malibu's that you've always had in the past couple of years (that I've noticed)?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-12-2012, 9:22 PM Reply   
We just opened up the bidding for Official Boat of WakeWorld this year and Tige jumped on it pretty quickly. I was blown away by their enthusiasm! It's fun trying something new and after hitting the wake this past weekend, I'm even more stoked! I had hauled 1,200 lbs. worth of pop bags down to the dock, but after riding behind the boat with the stock ballast and seeing how good the wake was, I put them back in the garage for now. I still have a lot of experimenting to do with Taps and the stock ballast, but the wake has definitely exceeded my expectations!
Old     (jeanwagner)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-16-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
David - I hear you are enjoying the Tigé Z3...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-16-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
We got all wakesurfing on it last weekend and my buddy said it's the best wakesurf wake he's ever ridden on. I have to agree. I was cruising forever!!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-16-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
Dave, can you do us a favor and get some wake shots next time you're out. This is the most under hyped boat and I've heard that the wake can get real big real fast, any info would be mucho appreciated.

The story i heard about the z3 was that the hull came about and then was tested as only a shell with motor and tower and some seats bolted in. Rumor has it that they went out with Ruck and errington, put 5k of fly high sacks in and rode and were both hyped on the wake. Not sure if that's true but I'd love to see some pics of a z3 wake at stock and at 5k+ just to see what It can do.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-16-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
I want to get everything dialed before I document the wake. I'm still playing with weight and TAPS to find out the perfect settings and once I do I will definitely get some photos and video.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-16-2012, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I want to get everything dialed before I document the wake. I'm still playing with weight and TAPS to find out the perfect settings and once I do I will definitely get some photos and video.
Dave,
We have a tige and took us forever to get dialed in, here is my advice that was shared with me by chris crysdale
set your speed, ballast, and then ride in the boat at the speed, bring the plate up to the point where the boat is almost porpoising and adjust it until its not quite there, you want it teetering on the edge of bouncing, thats where you get your best wake, adjust line length to the wake and you should be bang on.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-23-2012, 2:30 PM Reply   
I will give that a shot. Thanks!
Old     (neildorin)      Join Date: May 2012       05-02-2012, 4:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Do you mean pics after it's installed or pics of the actual procedure? It's pretty simple if I remember correctly from the last one I installed. The biggest problem is running RCA cables from the passenger side to the driver side and back.
Dead easy in the Z3. Just run them through the bow past the cooler in the walkthrough. No need to fish them under the floor. I had a good look in the dealer showroom at their demo Z3 just so I'd know exactly what I needed for when our new Z3 shows up next weekish...