Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-21-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
Ok so I wait all winter and spring for summer to get here. So far our May was cold and rainy. June comes and nothing really changes. Went out a couple times but conditions wern't exactly steller. Every weekend so far has been terrible. Finally there is a break in the weather and the last 4 days have been in the high 80's and not a cloud in the sky. I get all my buds togehter for some fun on the lake finally in good weather and again we wake up to rain. We went out anyway but it was terrible and everyone just wanted to go home. So as I was driving home thinking about my 486 dollar a month payment I was just wondering was it all worth it? I mean it's nearly July and I have been out just a few times and the weather and terrible riding conditions have made it not alot of fun. I don;t want to be the neagator on wakeworld but I am seriously sick of this crap. Oh and one more thing...filled my boat up today and I don;t even want to open that can of worms.
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-21-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Move
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
Oregon isn't quite the epicenter of our sport... for obvious reasons.

Better luck to you and your crew next weekend.
Old     (oldirish)      Join Date: May 2004       06-21-2008, 10:29 PM Reply   
Don't give up yet. The weather service says that it's going to be nice all week. We may not be an epicenter, but we are a quiet backwater and with gas @ $4.25, there isn't a tuber in sight.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-22-2008, 12:29 AM Reply   
Jon I was up in your neck of the woods last weekend at a really nice lake. The weather wasnt terrible but not perfect. The water was cold but had good company. I may go out tomorrow again but they say there are chance4s of rain again. Hard to get my panty boy friends to go out with me when its like that
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-22-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
Ok my bad I woke up today and the weather guys were wrong..no clouds in the sky and in the mid 80's finally I think summer may be here for us
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-22-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
It's opposite on the east coast, we're praying for rain
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-22-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
IDK, I'm just north of Portland and we have been going out since March. Buy a drysuit and enjoy the smooth(but cold) water. Early spring and fall are the best as you have the lake to yourself...........
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-22-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Flight, leave the guys at home and invite more girls, i.e. the ladies in your profile pic. I bet you forget about your payment and high gas prices really quick!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-23-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Dan,

That's probably why I have never moved north, although I may still sometime - maybe just for the summer. Over 100 here the last 3 days. Had to spend all 3 days at the lake!

Pic is from my patio, in the shade.

Upload
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-23-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
Suck it up Dan!
Oregon weather is always a little better than the Washington weather where I'm at.
Looks like there is hope, the forecast is calling for warmer days ahead for both of us.
So you have only been out a few times? I got mine outta storage and put her on the lift in May and have only been out twice.
Throw in a new baby with this lousy weather, I have the ultimate recipe for a crappy '08 season.
There are days when I feel like selling the boat, she is just sittin on the lift, nobody in it, it is torture man, torture!
Washington and Oregon riders need wetsuits/drysuits so we can ride in the spring/fall.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-23-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Drysuit bro... its a must have in the pacific northwest! I'm in Vancouver, its even colder and more rain here, but as long as its 60+ degrees and no rain I'll hit the river for a set.. the only thing cold are your feet! I'd much rather be out on a calm day in a drysuit than trunking it at the lake dodging tubers and jetskis.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-23-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
Any word on the Inland Northwest? I'm goin home this weekend (Spokane) and wanna hit up the butter. Just wondering if I should bring my full suit or if a spring suit is ok?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
John,

The weather in Spokane was great last week and it looks nice again this week. Mid 80's by Friday! I have been trunking it with a heater shirt since early May. You should be fine in a spring suit
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-23-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
It ain't always great over here at the Delta either. It takes me 50 mins to get to Orwood and when I get there, I turn around because it's all blown out from the wind. I don't want to waste boat gas, so the crew and I just turn around and drive home. It's not always true you can find good water on the Delta. People should stop saying that, because when it's blown out, it's blown out everywhere. When the winds are up 20+ mph, there isn't a good slough to ride IMO and experience. It's just a big waste of time and I feel your pain as well.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
I trunked it Friday evening.

Jason, are you back in town?
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-23-2008, 9:59 PM Reply   
It was 85 in Shasta a couple weeks ago and Buzz was sporting sweat pants and a hoodie. LOL!! We knew the SO Cal-ers would thing 85 was chilly when us NW-er were sweating in it. I do miss the 90-100 beach days when we're @ 65 in midJune. Althoug it hit a BLAZZING 70 today. woo hoo!
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
Yep I am back Greg!

Dave,
How has the riding been going?
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-24-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
thanks for the info jakober.. Im flying in for Hoopfest but decided to stay a couple extra days cause I miss all the butter up there in the Inland Empire... there's no other place I'd rather ride in the nation during the summer...
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
Flying up for Hoopfest, that's cool. I did hoopfest a number of times about 6-7 years ago, but then I realized that I could be out on the water instead of running around in the street in 90+ degree weather

Yes, the riding up here is pretty epic. Where do you ride when you come up?
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-24-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
Long Lake... was my home lake. you ever make it out there? Best spot ever...
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-24-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
Lake Roosevelt is pretty rad as well... I've heard some people compare that lake to powell in the sense that theres miles of smooth water surrounded by large cliffs; but with a little pacific northwest flavor (i.e. trees..) I've never made it out to powell though so obviously I'm a bit biased lol.. where do you hit it up when youre out in spokompton?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Ahhh Long Lake. I have ridden there many a time, unfortunately as of late it has gotten a new nick name "Turd Lake" do to the sewage treatment plant having a little accident up stream

Roosevelt is sick!

I ride at Liberty, Newman, Silver, Clear, Hayden, Fernand, Spokane River @ Post Falls, basically anywhere I can get a pull

My favorite place has to be the St. Joe River, down by St. Maries Idaho, followed closely by the Pend Oreille River up in Ione WA.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-24-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
lol... wasn't that like 3 years ago? well.. the water doesn't look dirty in any respect anymore... ill post a pic when I get home... and its still cleaner than the water down here in socal. yea... u gotta love the inland northwest... you can pretty much find perfect water 40 minutes in every direction. too bad the season is only like 4 months long...
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-24-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
Oh... and sorry for the hijack Flight... to address your problem.. maybe suggest taking a trip up to WA or down to the Delta? I've been doing a lot of camping trips lately for the weekends with some buddies... its helps progress your riding a lot in that you get to ride a lot just by having a camping trip specifically for wakeboarding as well as the change of scenery a lot of the times motivates you to try something different that you wouldnt normally do...
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-24-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
move south... problem solved.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
Texas is where it is at!
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-24-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Nick,
No problem to solve- Just Ride.............

Upload
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
With the right gear the season up here can easily be stretched out to at least 7 months!
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       06-24-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
Jason, I'll give you a call.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-25-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
Upload

Long Lake, WA
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-25-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
Jason, riding is improving, Darren helped with some pop issues and I'm back on track. Conditions are getting better everyday. Shasta was the bomb! Couple more weeks and I'll be at Roosevelt for 3 days at a friends house (never been). Then it's progression towards NWWF @ Pateros.

Brad was telling us about his bosses LSV and the lake he's on. Sounds like we may have to travel that way and check things out soon.