Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
Just wanted to compliment Jason Onori on an excellent, well-written article on driving well and being a good third. Excellent job, Jason!
Old    obsurfer            06-22-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
Yes I've read it well. Hope I can get a double right now. Thanks Jason.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
Excellent! I thought I was a pretty good driver, but I learned some worthwhile things.

Thanks!
Old    wes_the_gimp            06-22-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
Jason, thanx for all the usefull info!!!

Keep it comming.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
Yeah thanks! I was thinking about printing it out and posting it in the drivers area of my boat!

Just one thing to add that is a personal pet p of mine:

When driving with a cruise control (Perfect Pass) give the boat enough gas to get on plane and as it starts to aproach the desired speed pull back on the throttle to help the perfect pass. This prevents the boat from going to 25-26-27 mph before coming back down to the desired set speed. Yes the pp will eventually get to the set speed, but the rider may have already lost a large section of ridable water due to you flooring it! To put it another way, you don't want the boat accelerating when it beeps at you. If it is still accelerating at that point, then chances are it will pass up the set speed, then it will have to slow down, creating the situation I stated above.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-23-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
Yep, Thanks. Now, hopefully I'll be able to drive a proper double up for Sean:-)
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-23-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
Yeah thanks for the article. I had to print it up for my buddys wife who just became pregnant and we have decided since she can't board (in fear of hurting the child) she will be the permanent boat driver. I'm sure this will help the teaching that much more.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-23-2003, 6:32 PM Reply   
Great article Jason. I printed a few to give to some of the fresh crew I got.
Old     (jonori)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-23-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone. The more people that know the ins and outs of pulling a wakeboarder, the better the water will be on all waterways.
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-24-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
Neelley, make sure Carter gets a copy...
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-24-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
lol
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-24-2003, 5:49 PM Reply   
Whats up Chris. Sounds like the delta was a blast.
Oh Yes, the article is excellent Jason.
Old     (erikcarter)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-26-2003, 10:36 PM Reply   
I was Jasons goto guy for info on the perfect pull!! Dont make me mention the shasta issue of WBM where im behind the wheel pulling pro's! I can even drive sloppy Nautiques perfect joe!!!
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-27-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
OMG! He is alive! So, what did you learn at ensane? Give me a call beeeeeehahahahatch...
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-27-2003, 3:39 PM Reply   
lol