Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-06-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   

Can someone describe the divisions for the Mission Bay contest this weekend? Also, what time does each division start?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-06-2003, 12:38 PM Reply   
The divisions as far as i can tell are ranked by the inverts or spins you can throw (3's, 5's and 7's etc. count as inverts). Beginner 0 inverts, Intermediate 1 invert, Advanced 2 inverts, Expert 3 inverts, and Outlaw any # of inverts. I would guess that you would enter in the Intermediate or the Advanced.

I entered the last one in the Intermediate class and we went at about 10 am and depending on how many people there are they keep going from there. You can take a practice run starting at 7 am until 9 am for $5 at the dock. Comp starts at 9 am.

It would be cool to see you there. I got 4th last time without landing the backroll, it was a ton of fun. I am not sure that i will be competing though since i kind of hurt my knee last night and i still have some after effects from the crash on Sunday. I will be there though even just to hang out.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-06-2003, 1:24 PM Reply   
Expert is 4 inverts (atleast when I did it)
Tim you should enter advanced. You'd do well in that.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-06-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
The only invert I can pull consistently is the backroll. I used to be able to do 360s on my small boat, but can't on the big boat. I've landed Toeside-FrontRolls by shear luck, not cleanly, and I can try them all day before landing even 1. I used to come really close on tantrums, but now my rotation's all hosed, and I'm lost...

It sounds like intermediate might be fun for me. That way there won't be too much pressure on me. I can go early, then have a couple beers, relax, and watch the good riders.

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-06-2003, 5:35 PM Reply   
Kris you are probably right i am still a little unsure about all of that.

I hate to say it but Tim you should enter Intermediate even though you will probably beat me. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition wait a second if i beat you will you still invite me out on your boat.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-06-2003, 5:41 PM Reply   
It's going to be huge! They already have a ton of people registered and will probably have to turn people away. Plus Shaun Murray will be there all day and I hear he'll be doing an exhibition run or two. Should be a fun day. Kris, we'll miss seeing you there...
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-06-2003, 7:23 PM Reply   
I here Planet X and Fox Sports will be there!
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-06-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
Um, do I need to register in advance?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-06-2003, 10:31 PM Reply   
All i have to say is Wakesports Unlimited ROCKS . I got a call today from Josh and i won a personal instruction from none other than Shaun Murray on Friday Morning .The truly great part i guess is that i get pulls before i have to go to work! }}
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-06-2003, 10:54 PM Reply   
Oh man, and I thought Josh hated you!

That's pretty cool and I know you'll have a blast. I was in the store when they were picking names and calling people. There are only 16 spots so you should definitely consider yourself lucky! I'll be down there on Friday so maybe I'll see you there. If not, then on Sunday at the tournament.

Tim you don't need to register in advance as long as you plan on getting down there early. But I expect them to have to turn people away at some point and you can always register by giving them a call.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-07-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
The wakesports tourneys are really something you don't want to miss. And this is the last one of the year, and will surely ROCK. I got a call from Josh and they are anticipating about 120 riders! expect a Looooong day. I wonder if they will have time for the famous double up contest? Team Valdez and Total Team Havek will be there in full force! This time we are bringing a motorhome down for full on comfort!! YAY!