Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-26-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Good idea! I'll definitely test the coolers out! You know, find out how cool the coolers will keep the drinks, and see what the quality is of the hinges after repeated opening and closing of the cooler throughout the day. I'll be certain to test out ALL of the coolers, too!

...and you goons can waterboard behind it and report back on that!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-26-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Unfortunatly the toilet doesn't allow you to write it off as a second home. For one, it has to be yacht certified, and for two, they closed that loophole. Now its a stove and a sleeping area. I thought the same thing when I purchased my boat. I have #1, but not #2.
The whole "any watersports behind an I/O scares the crap out of me" is riduculous. Before the onset of WBing, I/Os were the norm. I grew up skiing behind I/O's as many other people have and do without incident. Its just a inboard sales guy pitch. Sure they are safer, but how many times have you run over someone? You should take the same precautions reguardless of the type of boat you have if you truly want to be saftey minded.

one other advantage of the I/O is speed.

I was watching a guy last summer wakeboarding behind a Chapparral(not the one in question) and he was killing it. If you have the skills, you should be able to WB behind anything. Sure this boat won't appeal to the "core" poser,,,I mean WBer, but for a family guy with kids that like to do watersports, it is probably a great boat.

(Message edited by psudy on September 26, 2007)
Old    K.B.C.            09-26-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
what's up with that window? there's no cuddy cab so why?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-26-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
Its for the toilet.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-26-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   

quote:

Sure they are safer, but how many times have you run over someone? You should take the same precautions reguardless of the type of boat you have if you truly want to be saftey minded.

Yeah, and it's funny to see how anal people here can be about making sure that they turn the engine off anytime anyone is on the swim step of an inboard boat anyways...The prop thing just isn't much of an issue.

Besides, if backing into someone is your beef, then learn how to drive a damn boat! If you throw a boat into reverse w/ a rider right behind the boat you're likely to hit the person whether it's an i/o OR an inboard.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-26-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
Back in the day, I rode behind a 19ish foot Chaparral that had an absolutely mackin' wake.

We had an 18' chaparral with an absolutely pitiful wake, but added a fly high pylon to it and had fun for years....
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-26-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
Actually prop thing is an issue. I surf all the time and there is no way you would catch me surfing behind an I/O due to "prop issues"
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-26-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Correct. Wakesurfing would be the exception.
Old     (air_master)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
Here is what it exactly says for a tax ride off...from the taxes paper.

Qualifications: The boat or mobile home must have basic living accomidations such as a sleeping space, cooking facilities and toilet facilities. A houseboat moored at a marina which provides overnight sleeping would not quailify as a second home.

There is nothing that says stove. A place to cook...bring a little propane bbque and all good there...

I believe that is why my parents have wrote off their Chaparral for the past 4 years
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-26-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
That contradicts itself. A houseboat has basic living accomidations, cooking facilities and toilet facilities. I know you can write off houseboats.

Is your parents boat a cutty? If so, it would count. If not, it would not. People do write off boats with toilets, they just better hope they do not get caught.

and by stove, I meant "cooking facility"
Old     (air_master)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
they have a 232 sunesta and i just wrote everything off exactly like it states in the legal documents
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-26-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
Is that a cutty? If it is, then I would think you could throw in a Propane BBQ and count it. I checked the IRS website and it says basically the same thing with the exclusion of the houseboat sentence. See below;

Qualified Home
For you to take a home mortgage interest deduction, your debt must be secured by a qualified home. This means your main home or your second home. A home includes a house, condominium, cooperative, mobile home, house trailer, boat, or similar property that has sleeping, cooking, and toilet facilities

So a houseboat would definatley fit in that catagory. I have Cobalt 292 bowrider, and while I could say the bow could be sleeping quarters, and the coleman stove is the cooking facilities, I don't think an audit would be worth it, plus its about paid off.
Old     (air_master)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
well, that is all you have to do...it is not a cuddy. it has bow filler cushions for a a bed( sleeping doesn't mean a pillow and a bed and sheets and a bbque is all you need) no need for an audit
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-26-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Oh, and it appears that I was wrong about it being Yacht certified. It said nothing of that.