Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-23-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
I've not posted on wakeworld in too long. So I figured I'd pop in and make an appearance.

It's been another good year wakeboarding, unfortunatly my season is running out of time much earlier than I'd like. I entered my second competition this year. Hyperlite wake tour (put on by Hyperactive watersports) and out of the four people in my class I qualified first and then finished third in Mens 1.

I got brave and rode the enemy the day after my tournament. It was a Hyperlite demo day but I went for the coaching. With the help of the Hyperlite guys and the air I've been getting it's a small matter of time before I finally land that holy grail of a tantrum (just gotta stop pulling the rope in right before I come down). I decided I dislike the Premier, it felt sluggish and the release was slow. The second board I rode was the TFD and I was very impressed with the ride, similar to the feel of the Substance I currently ride. So after 7 years of riding I've finally come to respect Hyperlite for their products but that doesn't mean I'm giving up my LF ride.

Other than that I'm up to my usual coaching and riding with my 16:12 crew and I've seen some big improvements from our girls.

Now all that's left is for me to get a job to finish my applied degree and I can finally start putting money away for the boat of my dreams.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-23-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
Oh and I forgot to mention that we started sliding on our lake this year. Flipped over an old 12 foot fibreglass boat and even though it was extremely fast (on then off) it's the first time anyones tried it where we ride so it was pretty cool. With some slight improvements to supporting the boat a person can pop off the end.