Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    260searay            08-02-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
I just started going w2w. I am still having trouble with balance in the air and if i do have the balance my landings suck. Basically i am inconcistant and only land like 3 of every 6. What should i work on? Thanks.

Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
Chris- looking at your picture you can start by pulling that handle closer in to your lead hip. You look pretty balanced over your board and have plenty of air to go W2W. You will be surprised at what handle placement does for you.
Old    260searay            08-02-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
Ok thanks, i will have to work on that. One of my other problems is usually my lake is white capping or has 3-5' rollers. That makes progressing very hard, but i make the best of it.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
Try going out in the early am like sunrise to beat the wind or other boaters, it isn't much fun trying to learn in rough water.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-02-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
Also, spotting your landings and looking at your feet, turn your shoulders slightly inward. Spot your landings and then look for the shoreline.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-02-2005, 10:58 PM Reply   
Haha I like how you wrote "only land like 3 of every 6." SO REALLy what you are saying is that you land one of two, or half, or 50%, or 1/2.....sorry I am a d*ck
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-03-2005, 5:29 AM Reply   
Hey BK, shouldn't you be posting trash on Wakeboarder.com. d*ck
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-03-2005, 5:37 AM Reply   
Chris, Lake Erie is a tough lake, I can understand the white capping. I grew up in Jamestown NY so I've been on that lake plenty of times. 3-5' rollers will kill your legs. Is there another lake around? It may be worth the drive. I can't remember but how far is Conneaut from Chautauqua Lake? Also, remember that how you take off is how you land in regards to body position. Just add that to what the others said and you should be fine.
Old    luv2wake2            08-03-2005, 5:39 AM Reply   
If you can get on a trampoline with a handle tied to something is great way to learn air control. Yea from your picture you should be pushing the handle down to your hips. Your doing good though to have a washed out wake that your working with.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-03-2005, 6:51 AM Reply   
Don't let off your edge! When you let off your edge, on the approach, you lose balance once you leave the wake... Basically, your body feels like it's tripping over the wake. To fix it, simply cut in, progessively building speed, all the way through the jump.

That's probably the main problem I see when people are learning. Try what everyone else has to say, too, those are all good tips. Good luck!

-Blake

PS. Find better water, it definitely helps!
Old    260searay            08-03-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I will have to live with lake erie though because my boat is 26' and i cant pull it with my s10 so it stays in the dock.