Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2004, 1:07 AM Reply   
44 Degree Air Temp, 46 Degree Water Temp= 90 Degree Rule

The first video and riding of 2004!

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9728
}
Old    ontrider            01-04-2004, 1:19 AM Reply   
What line length are you riding there?
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2004, 1:27 AM Reply   
Greg and I were riding at 75' and I think Scott was at 70'.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-04-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
Christie,
How come you never rock the Toadies when I'm out with you?
Sweet bunny hop 180! Your switch riding is coming along nicely - good work! Greg is improving so fast it's not even funny - w2w half-cabs now, but what, no raley attempts this time?
Nice vid, as always. You guys get big props from me for braving that cold!
Old    gman100            01-04-2004, 9:30 PM Reply   
doctor,
No Raley attempts,didn't feel like tumbling through the ice cold water. Next time though. Thanks for the comments.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-04-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
I don't blame you, but you're still a pimp! Looking forward to getting back out with you guys, but this old timer needs better conditions... oh sh*t... I guess that argument doesn't hold water with this crew.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-05-2004, 6:03 AM Reply   
Where were you at on Sunday Christie? We were out, all I can say is brrrrrr...... I wish I could have made it out with you guys but me and the wife ended up taking my daughter to the snow. I don't care what you call me; sissy, bitch, whatever; next time out I am going with some gloves. I couldn't even let go of the handle to grab. Great vid btw.

Gregg, buddy, how is the ass, man. You better figure out that ass check before summer or your gonna be... uhhhh... "clean" all summer long once the dry suit is not there to protect you.

Scott how does it feel to be on the other side of the camera? So you do ride, and you just don't go out to look cool.

(Message edited by forwaken on January 05, 2004)

(Message edited by forwaken on January 05, 2004)
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Jimmy - Maybe it's time to head up to the mountains for some frozen water instead :-)

Chad - I didn't make it out Sunday at all. We were only out Friday and Saturday and you are right...gloves are a necessity at this time. My hands hurt so bad Saturday!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
C,
Heard that. We're heading up this coming weekend (and probably most weekends for a while). Let me know whenever you wanna join us!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-05-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
nice ollie 180 christie! you guys rip. but where are the ts tricks?

(Message edited by deepstructure on January 05, 2004)
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
Christopher - I am an official TS Chicken. The most I can squeak out right now is a one wake 180. I guess I better start working on it seriously, but I think I will wait until the water warms up a bit. I don't like getting a 46 degree sinus flushing :-)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
Christie,

go buy a set of Deep Six Scuba gloves. They're cheap, flexible enough to hold the handle, and your hands stay nice and cozy this time of year.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-05-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
I think the greatest thing ive ever seen is at 3 min and 15 sec, Christie's face plant.....ahh i watched that about 20 times, i love it. Cant say i dont know what its like though......What is the song you are playing in teh vid? good vid song btw.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-05-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
christie that faceplant WAS brutal - forgot to say that. you're a chicken? that's the second really nasty faceplant i've seen you take on a hs 180. seems like you couldn't do much worse ts!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
Cliff - Thanks for the tip...I might have to check those gloves out.

Mr. X - Yeah, unfortunately, I am all too familiar with those kind of faceplants. Glad you enjoyed it!! The song is "I Come To The Water" by the Toadies.

Christopher - You have a good point! A faceplant is brutal no matter what direction you are traveling. I guess I just hesistate because I got a really bad concussion on a TS faceplant once....guess I better just suck it up, huh?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
I want to see every one of them spliced together in once continuous segment. Then you would be even more hard core than that chick in "Kill Bill."
You fu<&!n rock, woman! We luv ya!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2004, 9:42 PM Reply   
Jimmy - Like this?

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9740
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-06-2004, 1:41 AM Reply   
lol christie - thats amazing! i burst out laughing at one of those crashes - were you wearing a cape??
Old    sonicr1            01-06-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
I am just so bummed, having knee surgery next week, so I can't brave the cold... OK, I'm just a wimp!!!! I tried Snowboarding last week, and I am happy with doing that for the winter... at least I can stay warm... ok, dry anyway. I'm going one last time before surgery... trying to completely blow out my knee so they can fix it right... hehehe

You guys are studs!!!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-06-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
Christopher - yes, I was wearing a cape. It was near Halloween and I was trying to be funny. I also had on a witch's hat with bright orange hair, but it kept falling off and choking me so I had to ditch it!

William - Sorry to hear about the knee. I hope the surgery goes well!
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-06-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
thats awesome christie.....i love crash vid's.....im in process of going through 45 videos we took this summer of wakeboarding and writing down all the crash times so we can make a funny ass one from the summers runs. I am busting out about 5 A DAY.....
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
THAT IS AWESOME!!
I'm gonna have to watch it again and see if I can pick out the two I've seen where you came back in the boat bloody.
Truly amazing piece of video. I repeat: you rock!!

Hey, I don't know what made me think of this, but I knew this guy on Lake Hartwell who knew this other guy who took a bad crash and came back in the boat all cock-eyed (technical term: ptosis) and the dude has stayed that way ever since. True story. That would suck.
Old    gw_mark            01-07-2004, 3:29 PM Reply   
Hey Cristie-those are some of the best crashes I have ever seen, who would have known a body could come to such a quick stop doing a toe pick WOW!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
Mr. X - I love the crash vids too...even if I am the 'victim'..haha.

Jimmy - I could have done without the ptosis story. I agree. That WOULD suck!

Mark - Those are the ones I laugh at the most. One minute I'm there, the next minute I'm gone!