Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Shewchuk)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-09-2013, 9:03 AM Reply   
Would like some feedback on the grounding & cable gauge used to configure my stereo battery and start/house battery in my boat.

Note: I have an ACR but I did not show it in this diagram

Both batteries sit in the port and starboard lockers on either side of the motor

The 2/0 cable was existing cable from factory which was already in place and was going to the start battery on the port side rear locker before I started reconfiguring. So I am just using these cables in more appropriate places.

Thought it might be easier to run a 1/0 cable over from the House/Start battery to the Stereo battery negative terminal instead of trying to tie into the block of the motor which would be harder to connect.

Is there any resistance issues based on cable length difference from one battery ground compared to the other battery ground, or ground is ground?

Thanks for looking
Attached Images

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-09-2013, 9:37 AM Reply   
Your ground circuit looks fine. I would use a cemtral ground buss once you exceed two terminals to a battery post. Cleaner. neater and more reliable gainst loosening etc.

Also you are going to need an ACR of you intended for the alternator to replenish the stereo battery.
Old     (Shewchuk)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-09-2013, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hey thanks! Just wondering what kind of ground buss you would recommend? Any Suggestions?

Also as mentioned above I already have a ACR I just did not illustrate it in that diagram...

Cheers
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-09-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
I like these, but shop made units are common.
Attached Images

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
I use the Blue Sea as well but buy them online where they are half the cost of West Marine.