Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakeboy01)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
My 99 air nautique ballast pumps don't work anymore (haven't looked into why yet).

So my question is do I just use the gas at $4+ a gallon to fill them or replace the pumps?

Anyone know ball park how much that would cost? Where they are located and if it's easy to do by myself?

Thanks for your help.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-29-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
In my opinion, they are inexpensive.

http://www.nautiqueparts.com/ballasttankfillpump.aspx

Planetnautique.com has a 10% discount code.

That said, on my old 99 Air I filled and drained without the pumps for 3 years before I ripped the system out and replaced with an impeller pump - Fly High Pro bag system.

You may need to change your name WiscoWakeseter if your piloting a Nautique now. Where in Wisconsin are you located?
Old     (wakeboy01)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-05-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply I will have to check that out.

Where are the pumps located do you know? Is it in the manual?

Also how much are you (or were you) running with the fly high pro bag system in the back of yours?

I'm living in Madison now. Boat is in the Kiel / Plymouth / Manitowoc area. Are you a Sconnie as well?
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-05-2011, 6:36 PM Reply   
If they are anything like my 03, the pumps are mounted to the stringer just inside the bulkhead on the port side near the back. Super easy to get to, plug and play. Might want to check the fuses before you get to crazy though.